Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Keeping SF2 games separate when you have merged them all

Okay - so you merged your SF2 games into 1 to save space - but now when you run one (for example the SF2 Israel exe) you no longer have a separate game like you used to e.g. you can select missions and campaigns from the other games you have merged.

Here's how to have it so it runs like the original standalone game.

1. Go to the mod folders - by default at C:\Users\<>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\ 

2. Go to a terrains folder - C:\Users\<>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Israel\Terrains .

3. Backup the terrains folder in case you screw this up!!

4. Create a new folder called Terrains if its not there already!

3. Now simply create new folders for each terrain for the games you don't want to show up in your install (we DO NOT touch the IsraelME folder in this example)

So if we are in israel Terrains folder then we create folders for:

desert

GermanyCE

icelandna

VietnamSEA

Then in each of these folders create a new empty text file and call it the same as its parent folder: 

desert.ini

GermanyCE.ini

icelandna.ini

VietnamSEA.ini

NOTE because this is Israel we don't create or change IsraelME because that needs to work

You should end up with: (Note i have manually changed the folder icons here via properties customize - not required though)

Terrains1.JPG

Terrains2.JPG

So when I run the game I now only see stock campaigns & missions for Israel.

img00004.JPG

• Like 4