Sign in to follow this  
Romflyer

Stutters and patch levels

A fews months back I got caught up in the Avast problems with my SF2 install, and through the process of trying to fix things I ended up updating my fully merged install to July 2013 from April 2012......I wanna go back!! My game has become basically un-flyable when you get into any situation where there is alot happening around you. From what I understand this is related to the latest patch and my ATI graphics card, and I'm not really in mood to drop $200-$300 on a suitable replacement (Nvidia card)

My short term solution to this problem seems to be obvious.....re-install and leave at the Aprill 2012 patch level......So my question is....Is the best way to do this to just re-name my mod folder, un-install the games, re-install the games, start them all to create new mod folder, and then re-rename my old mod folder back to it's original name and copy over the new exe files from the newly created mod folder?.....Am I missing any steps?

I am worried about messing up my favourite stand alone installs like SF2VXP and ODS

Any advise before I do this would be appreciated

Cheers

Romflyer

Yeah move the mod folders somewhere safe then uninstall all the games

Once installed back to 2012 patch then start the games once and put the mod folders back - APART FROM options.ini and version.ini - you must use the ones the game has created for the install - if you forget this then you will post back asking why the game keeps overwriting inis etc.

Thanks MigBuster

So I am getting all my ducks in row prior to actually un-installing and I am looking through my D/L folder which has all of my setup.exe's for SF2 they are all there except SF2 expansion pack 2......does anyone know the exact name of the SF EXP2 setup exe so I can maybe use the search function on my computer to locate it? it must be named differently than the rest of the setup exe's

Any help would be appreciated.....I dont want to start un-installing until I have it located.

Cheers

Romflyer

Well ......I found the SF2_x2_setup.exe on a flash drive, I guess I must have D/L it at work and then brought it home on the flash drive

Anyways, it took a while but I got everything re-installed and setup.

I can't believe I have been suffering for so long with that shitty update!!! Everything runs MUCH smoother now.

Thanks again Migbuster for your help

Cheers

Romflyer