Sign in to follow this  
RUSTYMORLEY

Basic Tank sim

My young lad is just getting into computers and is able to play action \ shooter games on his PC. He seems to be very interested in WW2 tanks and first-person shooters. Can anyone recommend a good arcade-style tank shooter which can be played like a first-person shooter, and can be modded or added to or updated, which would also not be too complicated for an adolescent! 

A great game that can't be beat for moddability/fun is the old Operation Flashpoint GOTY which has been re-released as ARMA Cold War Assault on Steam. This will run on just about any PC given its age and is a great shooter with fun arcade action in tanks, helos, and planes. My son loves driving around in an M1A1 or M60A3 and decimating infantry. Of course, if you have modern, strong gaming PCs,  then ArmA 2 or ArmA 3 might be what you are looking for. All of them have tons of free mods.

Streakeagle, thanks I have already got ARMA 2 (unmodded) but it is mostly modern era stuff, i would prefer WW2 tanks. However can you tell me where I might be able to have a look at some downloadable tank Mods for ARMA 2  :biggrin:  

Edited by RUSTYMORLEY