Sign in to follow this  
pcpilot

Baseball...love the game!

I gotta say it.

Love the spring and the start of the season. I always knew it was spring at the school I worked at in San Diego when I heard the bats crackin with the girls softball tryouts. My thoughts would inevitably turn to the game...remembering playing in school myself, and later as an adult with the softball city leagues. Walking thru the turnstiles, ticket in hand, team ballcap on. Love watching a game with a friend or the wife, the crack of the bat, a ball slapping into a glove, the corny organ music. Eatin' a dog and drinkin' a beer. Sending a few choice comments to the opposing pitcher, yelling in a homer, waiting out a drizzle with a coke and some peanuts. Love listening to the crowd, watching the diehard fans, and just being in a home field bunch who love their team, even when they stink.

Even though Im not in San Diego anymore, I will always be a padres fan and miss watching the padres and cubs at Jack Murphy. But the good thing about Missoula is they have the Ospreys, a Diamondback farm team. The roster changes every year, but man its great to spend an afternoon watching a game at their modern little park called Ogren field. Just bought a 10 pack of tickets, got seats for the opener behind home plate. Ill also see the 4th of July fireworks, and the season closer.

http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=sd

http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t518

Love this freakin game.

PS. Yes, I know the season started back in March, but here in Montana, its just getting started.

Edited by pcpilot
  • Like 1

Minor League teams always have the best side show stuff, and it's cheap. 

I love baseball, but man is it hard waking up every day and being a Royals fan.

• Like 2

I love watching my Tigers play and I live for baseball season. Well said pcpilot. 

• Like 1

Thanks Dave. Saaaaay, Detroits' looking pretty good in Central! Best average in baseball right now. xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.5Yux4gu5_h.png

Hey Todd, you ever watch Major League? Love that movie. One of my favorite parts is the 3 Indians fans in their getups, still trying to raise a whoop even though their team just plain sucked, lol. I see the Royals are about where the Padres are. :biggrin:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings

Edited by pcpilot

I love watching my Tigers play and I live for baseball season. Well said pcpilot. 

I'm not a huge fan of watching the Tigers play, however. lol.

That being said, Verlander, Scherzer, and Cabrera are the real deal for sure. Play an amazing game. And the Royals and Tigers usually play an entertaining series.