Sign in to follow this  
TROOPER117

IL2 add-ons, looking forward!

We all know how the missing content with PF is causing so many heated debates over at Pacific Fighters, with many passionate threads and arguements, (don't worry, I'm not going to go there!), but what about looking forward?

Its been said that after BoB the way was then open for more expansions; ie, taking the fight forward into France for instance, as well as opening up the Mediteranean theatre, the latter being a fantastic area to explore for all types of WWII air combat.

You would be carrying out convoy patrols, (Op Pedestal). The defence of Malta. North Africa, The invasion of Sicily and Italy and the push north etc!

Carrier ops will also be present, along with a wealth of different aircraft and ground targets, and dedicated maps!!

Does anyone agree? Or what other areas would you like to see covered? :victory:

Well I think the Med for sure (North Africa begs to be done right).

Here is what Oleg himself said about it in a post:

Oleg_Maddox

VIP

posted Fri April 15 2005 00:43

quote:Originally posted by RAF56_BTB:

Does anybody know if Oleg will create other campaigns that will merge with BOB? Such as an all new Russian front Perhaps?

BTB

unquote

[Oleg:]

This is my general plan:

BoB, then after BoB Africa then something new (don't know yet)

We will use successfull attempt with PF...

1) Releasing BoB.

2. Released Africa as stand alon and with possibility to merge with BoB.

3. releasing new stand alone theater say X, with the possibility to merge with BoB + Africa + X

4. etc. Including European, Russian front and Pacific, but before will be several titles.

Finally we will get even more than in Il-2 series amount, quality, etc..

Such method will help me to be alive for a long time. You know that currently we are almost alone on the market... niche is too small.

But I dislike to go on consoles and name it simulators..

Yes mate,

Love the African theatre. There is so much scope with the Desert Airforce alone, who switched northwards after Rommel and the Italians were seen off, to take the fight over to Sicily then over the Straights of Messina into Italy.

And to be honest, I love flying for any of the Axis or Allied airforces, there is so much to choose from, especialy if we get those new flyable aircraft!! :victory: