Hey guys can I ask for some advice on fixing a couple of issues with SF.1 F.84G Thunderjet. 

Any advice you can give would be most welcome!

• I haven't got a shadow for the aircraft, how do I enable one or create one?           
  • I would like to change the default sound for the machine guns which are located in the nose because they sound really pathetic, but I can't find any reference to the sounds for the guns and therefore can't change it.
  • When the aircraft takes off the canopy automatically slides open and remains open for all of the mission. Is there any way to keep it closed in flight?  

Might be Oct'08 problem but I had similar problem with several model.

The canopy deploy and retract values need to be reversed.  This works:

[Canopy]
SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE
DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_SPEED
Setting[1].Angle=30.0
Setting[1].DeployValue=10.0
Setting[1].RetractValue=15.0
MaxDeflection=30.0
MinDeflection=0.0
ControlRate=0.3
AnimationID=4

or just switch the canopy to manual animation. There's a tutorial in the 1stGen Knowledge Base on "How To" (check the 'things you need to up date thread, too -- that one was specifically designed for the 08 patch)

gun sounds are changed in the GunData.ini (and will need the necessary wav added to the /Sounds folder). You may also have to edit the Soundlist. ini, unless the wav has the exact same name

the shadow is controlled by a statement in the main ini (F-84G.ini)