Sign in to follow this  
Kyot54

Op Darius and Jul '13 patch Problem

Ok, so, last night I finally broke down and bought the Campaign customizer from Third Wire because I am a Tomcat nut and I hate that I can only fly single missions with it in Operation Darius. I should also say I've tweaked the individual .ini files to allow me to fly it up to 2015, the D model's anyway. So, that being said, I have SF2, SF2E w/ Operation Desert Storm campaign, SF2NA, and Operation Darius, merged install but generally run separately. In order to install CampCustomizer, I had to download the Jul 2013 patch, I had been running it at Jul 2012 with no problems. The first time I brought it back up, only mainline SF2 would work, then I remembered about seeing a post about redating the build on the .ini file, so I did that and SF2, SF2NA, SF2E w/ ODS all work with the Customizer. However, even with redating the .ini, Op Darius will crash right off the initializing screen, I won't even get to the title screen. I haven't done a re-install yet, since there are a lot of mods I have with that package. Thoughts? ideas?

did you change the "available" years in the various Options inis in the various Mods Folders?

They get overwritten, and need to reset (StartDate=, EndDate=)

as per:

http://combatace.com/topic/68224-adjusting-beginning-end-year-spread/

and...

http://combatace.com/topic/55746-patching-made-easy-part-deux/

I won't comment on messing with an aircraft's data ini to change dates.

Edited by Wrench

• As per the first post link, A. it was only US Navy B and D model Tomcats, which I think falls under "nation specific" :)

It's only Operation Darius that is giving me a problem, all the other ones are working fine. I did go and change the years like you suggested, no joy. Still crashing during launch

Kyot54:

The only time I've ever seen a crash such as the one you're describing is when I forgot to recreate a custom .EXE file from a new patch level after patching to a higher level. In other words, I patched my main SF2 install to Jul2012 (from, say, May 2012) then tried to launch a custom mod like ODS using an .EXE that had been created from the May2012 version of the StrikeFighters2 Europe.EXE. The solution was the delete the old .EXE and recreate my ODS .EXE from the latest version of StrikeFighterers2 Europe.exe.

Eric Howes

Thanks Eric, that seemed to do it. I deleted the old .exe, copied and renamed and it seems to be working now, at least it lauched and went into menu screens. About to see if it will handle missions.

On a completely different topic: So far my main experience with Flight Sims was the old Jane's Fighters Anthology (Awesome missions creation ability imho, haven't tried tw's yet) and WOV/SF2 series. While SF1 series has multiplayer, sf2 doesn't. And I have a close friend, we used to wing up and 1v1 on FA, I'd like to find something we can do that on again, a bit newer. And it HAS to have Tomcats, especially a B or D. Any suggestions? Also, does anyone make an accurate D model cockpit for SF2? The instrument panel is off, as y'all probably know.