Sign in to follow this  
skyknight0721

hud switches off when near home base

Hello, this post is to ask you if it is normal that my aircraft's HUD turn off or 'disappear' when I am at the home base or when I am approaching for a landing. I've noticed it to be happening in the f-15, f-16, even mod ones along mig-29 and panavia tornado mods. The only aircraft which seems to be not suffering from that is TMF F-14. So is it something normal or my installing has messed up or something? I've attached 2 pictures of the tornado to show how it is.

post-84319-0-00255000-1408130328_thumb.jpg

post-84319-0-59933400-1408130384_thumb.jpg

Well thats a new one on me, especially doing it on both TW and mod aircraft. Is it on all maps or one in particular?

• Like 1

I wonder if the avionics.ini files for the aircraft are missing "Landing mode" (or whatever it's called) from the HUD entries and so the HUD is just disappearing.  IIRC, that mode was introduced with SF2NA.  Maybe the avionics files you are using are from before then...?

• Like 1

Well thats a new one on me, especially doing it on both TW and mod aircraft. Is it on all maps or one in particular?

Well it happens on all maps  :sad:  unfortunately and yeah it occurs on both stock and mod aircrafts which have detailed HUD such the mig-29 and F-15 as previously mentioned but the only aircraft which seems immune to this issue is the F-14 tomcat, both the stock and TMF modded ones seem to be ok without being affected by this problem.

Well it happens on all maps   :sad:  unfortunately and yeah it occurs on both stock and mod aircrafts which have detailed HUD such the mig-29 and F-15 as previously mentioned but the only aircraft which seems immune to this issue is the F-14 tomcat, both the stock and TMF modded ones seem to be ok without being affected by this problem.

Edited by skyknight0721

I wonder if the avionics.ini files for the aircraft are missing "Landing mode" (or whatever it's called) from the HUD entries and so the HUD is just disappearing.  IIRC, that mode was introduced with SF2NA.  Maybe the avionics files you are using are from before then...?

Really? How could have it went missing? :( I mean I even deleted all my mod folders in order to reinitialize everything just in case some of the modes have accidentally replaced the ini files and caused this but even then to no avail the problem persists :( And also how could it have happened to several aircrafts? If you know any solutions I would be really grateful. :dntknw: