Sign in to follow this  

I've got back from months in that hellhole they call Ft. Benning, back to my electronic kingdom with decent internet. Booted up SF2 and played around for days, logging hours in the F-102 and F-106. I cant believe how much I missed it.

Flying the Six is awesome, and I enjoy it very much. The skins are amazing, but the cockpit seems to have been ignored. I have photoshop and I've looked around in the Knowledge section, but haven't run into any guide for updating/repainting cockpits. I've had several attempts at "repainting" it and to be quite honest, they look like sh!t. It's been limited to masking off gauges and trying to darken them, and add texture and weathering around the instruments and scopes. All attempts look like real amateur work compared to other masterpieces out there.

Could someone point me in the right direction? Right now, I've got two lines of thinking. One is to find some pictures on the internet and try to copy and paste them into it. The other is to open up Razbams F-102 pit and start clone stamping the hell out it (but wouldn't be able to upload and share).

My main gripe is the low rez bolts in the canopy frame, but when I open it up in ps, they look fine. Repainting them hasn't done anything but make it stand out, crappily compared to the rest of it.

Any help would be appreciated!