Sign in to follow this  
OengusAnBearMor

Newbie in the First Degree

I recently purchased a copy of Strike Fighters: Project-1. (I think I posted this in a forum but am not sure if it is the right one, so am posting here as a back-up).

When I load the game onto my PC from disk it says V12.25.05, however, when I run the service packs, I get it saying another version (is that to be expected?). I have gone through the scenerio several times (with mixed results) and am seeking expansion possibilities online (budget limitations prevent me from currently procuring WoV at the moment) and am hoping I can find some aid in upgrading the game through here.

I have seen topics on aircraft carrier use, but am unsure if that was meant for WoV or not, and I was wondering if more modern aircraft would be possible for SF:P1 (would really love to use an A-10 for the ground support ops).

Any and all suggestions/advice/help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

Oengus

Hi Oengus,

I'm pretty noob myself but that's probably good because I understand how you feel. The single most helpful resource I've found for a complete beginner is http://ca.geocities.com/saganuay820/. Try reading through that and exploring some of the links he gives.

:bye:

Oengus::

V12.25.05

That's December 2005? :victory: You may have the same v12-25-03 I have. I just got the SF in a small jewel case and I got the WoV box. Both work okay so far (ie...Newbie here too). WoV has its own Patch.

I got SF Patch errors too. Patch~1 would not take, Patch~2 installed. Turns out my SF version needs Patch~3 only...nothing else.

ThirdWire::

Service Pack 3 (v11-05-04)

The Service Pack 3 updates the game to make it more compatible with the latest video cards, and adds host of new features for third-party expansions. Please read Readme.txt for more details.

Note: This patch can only be applied to the "v12-25-03" version of the game; if you have a previous version, please apply Service Pack 2 below before downloading this patch.

Download Service Pack 3 (7.95MB)

~~>  http://www.thirdwire.com/projects/p1/rt_patch.htm

Hope this helps.

and I was wondering if more modern aircraft would be possible for SF:P1 (would really love to use an A-10 for the ground support ops).

ahem, http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?download=959 :)

Note that you can also have F-14, F-15, F-16, F-18, Tornado, Mig-29 etc. as they are all available for use with SF P1 & WoV.