Sign in to follow this  
R31Mark

Can't add new planes :/

Hi Everyone,

My name is Mark and I am new to this website, however I have had FE2 since 2010. I am currently running it on my Windows Vista PC and it is running well with the graphics on medium. Since I am not yet able to run Rise of flight I thought "hey, I wonder if there are any downloadable aircraft for FE2?" and sure enough, I got my answer.

The problem is, when I initially tried to install my first plane from the downloads on here, It asked me to add things to my 'aircraft' folder in my Objects folder, but I have no folder called 'aircraft' present. I also have no folder labelled as decals in objects. So I made the corresponding folders and put in all the data as required per the Readme file. No dice.

I have tried a few variations of putting files in different places and I haven't had any luck with getting any new planes to work on FE2, I'm not sure what I should do about this as I am not an IT expert. Could anyone help me out and point me in the right direction? I would greatly appreciate it, and thanks in advance :)

Regards, Mark

The Objects/Aircraft folder that you should be placing those aircraft in is located in either your My Documents/Thirdwire/FitrstEagles2, or under Users/Your Name/Saved Games/ThirdWire/FirstEagles2, depending on your OS.  

What flavor of windows are you running? XP? Vista, 7, or 8? This will help us determine where you should look for your "mods" folder.

This thread should be of help: http://combatace.com/topic/62302-what-is-the-mod-folder/

Hi Fubar512 (Ferrari 512 reference??)

Thanks for the reply mate,The *flavour* of my Windows is Vista :crazy:

I have just read the links that you sent me very quickly, and I redid the adding of an aircraft and it worked first pop! Thanks so much mate you are a Legend!

Regards, Mark

Edited by Wrench

Welcome to the site Mark. It's good to see new people interested in First Eagles. The folks here are pretty helpful so if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the warm welcome Stephen1918!

I am fascinated by the aircraft of the first world war, to me they are truly beautiful pieces of art. I do see that the people here are very helpful, and I will definitely ask questions if need be! Cheers mate :)

Regards, Mark