Sign in to follow this  
TROOPER117

BIA!! who's tried it?

Interested to find out how many of you guys are playing Brothers in Arms?

As a self confessed WWII fanatic, I have to say that I am really impressed by this game!

I've played all the WWII shooters, Medal of Honour, Call of Duty etc, but I think that this one has surpassed them. (and thats saying something as I thought CoD was superb).

Totaly immersed and involved, and its true, you do start to feel something for your squad members in a way that never really happened before in other games!

Opinions anyone?

Regards....Dave S. :victory:

I've only tried the demo, so you can take my comments with a grain of salt. I thought it was good, but nothing special. It still seemed scripted to me. I dont' think I can really explain, but it just felt a little... cramped. It was definatly different in a good way, though. Good idea, just not tops. I'd like to see if someone can take this idea and create something great from it.

I've got it and love it because it is pretty hard, especially with no way of healing yourself, which makes it more realistic and forces you to think more on fire and maneuver techniques, especially flanking your opponent. I'm currently at the part where Baker's friend shows up with the tank and you can control him too which causes my brain to start smoking sometimes, lol. Great Game! :victory:

~S~

Bob

Yeah Bob,

I agree. In the British army we call this keeping one foot on the ground! You don't move any part of your fireteam unless it has covering fire from its mutual support.

I've found with this game that similar to real life, if you take a step back sometimes and just concentrate on command and control of your fireteams, and don't get to involved yourself, you will have far more success.

However, I agree with Raptor when he says it is rather scripted at times. There are some missions where success depends on your sole actions and not the fireteams you control. That said, in this kind of game you just don't get that kind of freedom and should be expected.

Its still superb though, finished it last night and its left me wanting more! Can't wait for the next one, due in the autumn!! :clapping:

Regards....Dave S.