4.13 Patch for IL-2 1946 has been released, I have used it myself and it is looking okay so far, just a few minor bugs which we hope will be addressed in the 4.13 Hotfix!!

Been a long wait but it is finally here!!

I did not particularly wait for it : there are some interesting functionnalities, but it is far behind DBW, HSFX or CUP

Edited by jeanba

I did not particularly wait for it : there are some interesting functionnalities, but it is far behind DBW, HSFX or CUP

I am not Modded with regard to IL-2 1946 so patches are the only form of advancement and growth for my game, it is just way to complex for me to attempt. I will stick to Modding Strike Fighters, which is far,far easier to Mod, thank the stars. :biggrin:  :biggrin:

You are right about SF2 modding

For Il2, I stick to "mod packs" and HSFX7 works well : easy to download and install : indeed it is as easy to install HSFX7 from 4.12 than to upgrade 4.12 to 4.13

CUP is a little more complex to download, but is ok anyway

Anyway, I am waiting for 4.13 + HSFX8.0 if ever

Edited by jeanba

Enjoy Il-2 '46 a great deal after being away for a while. No mods, just patched to 4.13. No problems yet . However i find CFS3 , with it's multiple theaters of operation/timeline , tons of a/c,missions/campaigns,effects and much more to be pretty straight forward  and easy. Windows7 made things a little more tedious with CFS3 when installing though. Will definitely keep CFS3-BoB-(running a unreleased updated version) as it really needs nothing more as of yet-(fully immersive and dynamic ). A full updated version of CFS3-BoB should available some time in September. Will look more closely at CoD , but it seems a little intimidating to me. Another flight sim that covers the epic Battle of Britain can't be all bad ! Especially since it is the 75 anniversary .