ultramig688

F-35 pilot says it can't dogfight

Just quoting myself from a similar post about a year ago.

The JSF-35 is a big part of the puzzle this plane is designed to be real slippery and hard to find. If the pilot says it can't dogfight compared to an F-16, 15, or the Hornet family, which is probably true, but remember their is a price for the level of stealth it has, to be very hard to find or be able to dogfight, its more stealthy.That's price of stealth.

" It may not have the best range, best performance, best war load, but its a very stealthy plane that's the key ingredient all the other planes would out perform the F-35 in a conventional fight or fly off, but that wasn't what it was designed to do! It was designed to be really hard to detect so it can fly around drop bombs or shoot missiles at other planes, not to fight its way in drop its load and fight it's way out. It was designed to cheat, which works for me.

For the US the JSF-35 will be a Joint Strike Fighter, a cog in the giant war machine that will have the support to carry out it's intended missions.  I just want my guys to have the very best tools to complete their task and get home safely. Is that so wrong?"

This is a link to the past thread I created back in May 2014 a lot of the same stuff: Debate F/A-18 Super Hornet vs F-35 Lightning II

http://combatace.com/topic/82860-debate-fa-18-super-hornet-vs-f-35-lightning-ii/