Sign in to follow this  

Hi, I've been trying to modify the radar on FastCargo's F-111F and have been having some issues.

I'm attempting to give it the radar from the F-15E.  I've copied over the radar section of the F-15E's avionics file to the F-111's avionics file, copied over the required tga files, and edited the F-111F's .ini so that it is using Avionics70 instead of Avionics60.  I also edited the F-111's data file so that it describes the correct radar.

However, whenever I go in game, the F-111's radar will not turn on, and all that is in the radar scope is the static F-111 radar scope texture.

I don't know if there's anything that I'm missing, or what, and I wasn't able to find any relevant tutorials in this forum.

Thanks in advance.

For a test, and just for the moment, try ignoring the F-111s avionics ini,

rewrite the pointer statement in the main ini to use the F-15s avionics ini. For this test, just use the stock 3W F-15A. We only want to see if the radar turns on. You wont have a ground mapping radar, just the air searches and such*

You've already edited it to use the 70 dll, so try that. Don't worry about the various tgas, as they should be 'pulled' from their cat files when in game.

I did something like this for another aircraft (a long time ago!) and I remember it working. So , give that a shot and see what's up.

remember too, that avionics70 use "GM" for it's ground mapping statement in the avionics ini listing (use the Netz as a base)

* GM can be added to the stock Eagles avionics ini too

So, I went back and looked at it using Canadair's RF-111G as a base, and somehow changing the "AvionicsData" line in the Avionics file to "RadarData" made it work.  Strange.

Next question;  Is there any way to get CCIP pippers to show up when using laser guided bombs, or is that an engine thing?

engine thing