I figured while I try to figure out the downloading of aircraft, I might try my hand at making a campaign.

I downloaded the following utilities from this site......

GunEditor_V_11_05_04

sfp1_design

GunEditor 09_08_03

How_To_Change_Weapon_Loadout

How_To_Change_Your_Own_Missions

MissionEditorTutorial

SFP1E_10

TerrainEditor_v03_04_03

WeaponEditor 09_08_03

and...

sfpQmd

I know the 11_05_04 GunEditor pops up a black screen for about a second and then closes. (how do I fix that, or can I utilize another guneditor).

Are there sites where I can download maps to use/modify for the campaign I want to do?

Will the terrain editor be able to utilize the maps I "generate" (download) to "build" terrain features or will I have to go in and "set up" mountain ranges, valleys, etc. with altitudes etc.

Just have a hankering for a campaign idea and am wanting to see how plausible it is.

Thanks for any and all information y'all can share.

Respectfully,

Oengus

The gun editor runs in Win98 compatability mode (or of course on Win98).

Tbh you probably don't need the gun/weapons editors as most common weapons are in the Weapons Packs & most aircraft are released with realistic .inis for weapons use (or if not someone in the community will do it & post it).

Similarly building your own terrain is a lot of work.

We already have DRV, Europe, Madagascar, Bering Sea, America NW etc. terrains to use & some more terrains coming shortly too. Where do you want the campaign set as maybe the terrain is already available?

There's a Campaign Tutorial in the "SF editing" sticky if you haven't already found it

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=4078