I've been flying the Desert Storm campaign for a few weeks now, dead is dead, as an RAF Tornado Pilot. I've made it as far as February 24th 1991 but when I end the mission, Sf2 crashes with a black screen and freezes my PC up. I've repeated from the last save but it's the same every time. I'm wondering, have I reached the end of the campaign and there's some victory splash screen that's not working? I'm not getting credited with the results of the mission or a campaign victory as I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL and close SF2 through task manager. The official end date of hostilities is listed as February 28th on wikipedia, but I don't recall if the airstrikes ceased a few days prior to the Iraqi surrender/withdrawal.

Also, if I have won the campaign, can I edit the Pilot's record to reflect this?

Platinum Rogue:

I've never seen a report of this behavior. Feb. 24 is the start of the ground war. If you try the Feb. 24 mission again, check the Planning Map to see if any friendly units are listed as conducting ground offensives.

Eric Howes

Yes there's definitely a ground offensive going on, the SEAD tasking I was given was over an airbase at the Saudi/Iraq border. Once I had completed my assigned mission, I spotted a few T72's around a nearby army base and was about to drop iron on their heads when they got taken out by friendly tanks.

Edited by Platinum Rogue

Platinum Rogue:

Just because you see tanks on the ground doesn't necessarily mean there's a Ground Offensive going on. If you hover your mouse over the friendly ground units in the Planning Maps, the game will tell you whether any of them are conducting offensives. You'll see the text: "Conducting offensive into X."

Eric Howes

img00018_zpsqgffplx8.jpg

I just started this mission and ended it as soon as I entered the gameworld, and the game still hangs

Edited by Platinum Rogue

Platinum Rogue:

Then unfortunately, the best I can offer is that the campaign somehow got corrupted. I have no immediate fix for this particular problem campaign.

I will be releasing an update to the Desert Storm mod in the near future, and it will have some tweaks to the campaigns, but I can't guarantee those tweaks would have prevented this situation.

Eric Howes

No problem, I've already started a new campaign, this time flying the F15E. I still consider that I've won the Tornado campaign though, and I'd like to edit my pilot record to reflect this. Where do I find  the filed I need to edit?

A little update for this thread: My campaign as a strike-eagle pilot ended on the second day, going gunzo with AAA I got shot in the face.  I resurrected myself as a Marine Hornet pilot. The date in the campaign is now March 3rd and there are still missions being tasked. The polar opposite to my problem I had using the Tornado. I still have no successfully completed campaigns in my pilot record

How far off is the updated version, Eburger? 

Platinum Rogue:

No estimate on the updated version, as the hard drive on my main PC crashed a few days ago. I had good backups of most everything, except for a recent project. But it's going to take a while to get things sorted out, reinstalled, etc.

Eric Howes

I know the feeling, I'm moving to a SSD soon, my main HDD is 4 years old now. Take your time, I have on-going campaigns in several installs.