Sign in to follow this  
Slant6

Orderd a GTX 950 2MB. Did I make a mistake regarding SF2?

Have read horror stories about new drivers and SF2 and GTX 950 can't run any drivers older than 355.XX. My game is totally unmodded, save for a few aircraft. Will I have problems? Should I send the card back? Running windows 7 64.

Edited by Kikka

I'm running the new GTX 980, and it is almost fully compatible. No big issues, except that terrain flashes sometimes and the aircraft sometimes flicker in and out, although I can run everything at max graphics and 120 FPS. As for a flickering issue you might encounter, that could probably be fixed with some graphics settings in the game folder on your hard drive. Hopefully, it works out for you. SF2, I am already learning, doesn't get along well with newer cards, and there really isn't any other option if you want good graphics and FPS, especially if you want to run the Green H*ll mod. Now, I am assuming you meant 2 Gb? If it was a 2 Mb card I would definitely recommend you get a new one. :) But seriously, I don't know if a 2 Gigabyte card will be able to run everything at max settings, let alone get max FPS at any setting. Hopefully you have a good return policy, and are able to return the card if you have issues with it. Otherwise, If I were you, I would ask to send it back and save more money for a better card.

I am running 7 and 64 bit as well, and it doesn't have any compatibility issues.

Hope I helped, and I hope it works out for you! - LP

Edited by LegitPilot

I'm not running Green Hell or anything like that. Just stock. And I'm presently using a GTX 650--so the GTX 950 was expected to be massive improvement in comparison. What driver are you using?

I'm not running Green Hell or anything like that. Just stock. And I'm presently using a GTX 650--so the GTX 950 was expected to be massive improvement in comparison. What driver are you using?

I would have gone with the 960 instead. Right now AMD GPU's seems to be the way to go as Nvidia's tech is running away from SF2. However you might want to try some settings to fix most issues that you'll encounter such as forcing DX9 instead of using DX10/11. Before you install the new graphics card try cleaning out your drivers and install 353.68, it's not a game ready driver (not optimized with newer games) but they should work.

Ps: I'm currently running 358.50 installed after 353. and have no issues so far.