What happens if you set the upgrade type to any for the player squadron in SFP1 v3.1 in the Campaign1_data.ini?

Do you then get random aircraft to fly? And is random limited to aircraft type? I mean if you sign up with a fighter squadron, say an F-4 squadron, can your plane then change to a pure bomber like the B-47? Which would put you in trouble if you get an intercept mission.

I'm assuming the same thing happens to an AI squadron.

Just curious

Redeye

Any?

Not familiar with that. I usually see "none", or a "B" to a "C", or summat.

I may have to try it, see what kind of crap-shoot you get...

Any?

Not familiar with that.  I usually see "none", or a "B" to a "C", or summat.

I may have to try it, see what kind of crap-shoot you get...

Well I tried it in a WOV Linebacker I campaign and the results are most interensting although somewhat unrealistic. I started up two campaigns and flew missions until a plane change occured.

In the first campaign I ended up flying F-111D off a carrier. In the second campaign I was doing catapult launches flying an F-105D! :blink::shok:

I was hoping that the line 'CarrierBased=true/false' statement would limmet the planes you would get. Unfortunatly it doesn't. So no choice but to preprogram the upgrade list.

Redeye :sad: