Depends on what type of mod you are meaning, for making models of aircraft and weapons etc. you need 3D max, and for skins etc a photo/picture editing programme like Paint shop , I also use Paint.net for this too.

Like Trotski sayed depends for models 3ds max 2009 or lower but 2009 his better so that one can add bumps etc

for skins Photoshop gimp you name any layer capable image program works more or less...

I must say I haven't tried GIMP yet, I must get myself a copy, as for 3d-MAX....therin lies madness !! lol I haven't ventured into those dark and mysterious arts yet !!! :blowup:

• Like 1

Everyone should have the CAT extractor it is vital, and its available here in the downloads section , if you don't already have it.

@Cocas, is GIMP problematic to use then ? I haven't tried it as of yet, PSP and Paint.Net seem to do most of the jobs adequately anyhow.

Trotski, expierences vary. I love photoshop enough to pay 12 dollars a month to use it. However, for tga work I still prefer to use Gimp, its what I learned with. Gimp is not super easy, but very handy once you know it

like i said i never used gimp im to used to my photoshop CS2 legacy but i stared whit photoshop 7 i long time ago and yes gimp his better im some ways for TGAS i made some just personal use armors for skyrim only the aphal chanels to work properly using gimp!

• Like 1