Sign in to follow this  
Misty FAC

? Current State of LOMAC ?

I bought LOMAC when it came out and returned it. When it came out I had a pretty damn s#$t hot computer and it flickered like a slide show.

Whats it like now ? I have since built a new computer and I am sure it has been patched a few times. Whats it like now ?

The Flaming Cliffs 1.1 addon really improves FPS in the game. For just plain 1.02, the FPS didn't really change that much. That said, there are certain options that are known to be FPS killers and by turning them down your rate will really improve without sacrificing too much quality. I use "medium" myself, with all planar shadows and no heat blur or mirrors.

With my XP 3000+ CPU I had fine performance in 1.02, and it's even better now in 1.1.

The Jedi Master

Misty, with a reasonable PC it runs great when patched to v1.02 and with graphics settings set accordingly (plus there are various FPS improvement mods available from the community).

My average system - A7N8X Mobo, Athlon3000, 1024Mb, 9800Pro 128Mb and I am well happy with v1.02 performance.....

And of course now you can probably find it for a bargain bin price if you look around.

There is the Flaming Cliffs add-on (a.k.a. v1.1) which adds many improvements for existing aircraft plus a new aircraft Su-25T with an advanced flight model that folks are simply raving about as the best ever seen in a Sim. In the US, NaturalPoint are selling a CD version, in Europe I think Rcsimulations have it. Or you pay to D/L it straight from EagleDynamics in Russia (big D/L though, nearly 400meg)