EricJ

EricJ Release Thread

EricJ Cherokee Containers

RC21
- Reduced Armor of the Cruise Missile Container, SAM Container, and gave armor to the Mortar Container.

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC91
- Fixed config entries for the MH/UH-60/92s regarding the minigun compartments, some aircraft should now be able to switch minigun positions while in flight.
- Reduced Armor of the Cruise Missile Container, improved the SAM Container armor, and gave armor to the Mortar Container.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LSDehiNWHGsoB8YOq2HTHFYHDjodmDv1/view?usp=sharing

Armored SUV

RC7
- The vehicle is able to drive offroad now, thanks to Apollo on the Arma Discord

EricJ Wipeout

RC12

- Fixed weapons glitching, removed the Countermeasure and Master Arm - SAFE option

EricJ Wipeout

RC13
- After conferring with technicians, was able to reinstall the Master Arms - SAFE system, as well as the selectable countermeasures option.

AH-1Z

RC13
- Tweaked flight model

Spent most of the day modding and working on pylon weapons. After a little help I got it "working":

http://ericjwrites.itgo.com/Arma3/wip1994.jpg

I still need to get the game to recognize the missiles (they won't show up as a four rack). Also if anybody has any clue on how to do pylon weapons, I'm all ears as I don't know how to get them for the game to recognize them as weapons and such.

Okay, so far I got some additional weapons for the pylons. I may remove the Scalpels and so on, not sure as maybe people like it? Anyway, the UH-60s will have Hellfires, and the MH-92s will have Rattler ATGMs. I saw references to a Tandem HEAT warhead and may do that for the AT4 (the shoulder-launched rocket) since Saab is selling them to the US Army (saw that on LinkedIn), so may update that down the road. So far the only issue with the pylons is that the game doesn't recognize them as a weapon, and have asked on Discord, and here (in another topic), so that's what's holding up that. I got a request for the MQ-17 to have the pylon system since a milsim intends to use them as air support, and so on. I don't know if I will do it, or not, as it's not hard to add the proxies, and the config work, and so on, so more than likely I'll do it. I also retextured the ugly as sin Hellfires. I may mess with the model too, as it's a port from A2 using the Sample models and such. The Rattlers are decent enough as they are, so there's that.

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC93
- Podded weapons were added to the pylon system and added the unused Hellfires and Rattler missiles in various pod configurations.
- Tweaked the dashboard of the MH-92 (Insertion)/(Insertion Open Doors) to be more in line with the furniture of the MH/UH-92s, now looks better.

NOTE: The 4x AGM-114K, 2x AGM-117, and the 4x AGM-117 pylon weapons are bugged, as for some reason it will
load them fine on the pylon, but are unusable. A fix is on the way, sometime.

- Fixed a muzzleflash issue on the MH-60M (Insertion)
- MQ-17 has limited dynamic pylon loadouts. It will use and load the Shrieker rockets fine, but the "2x AGM-117" will not work, until a fix comes around to solve the issue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-5_9xo-dmKNojerFTWnA5JUZuOdargND/view?usp=sharing

Edited by EricJ

If anybody is interested, I created a Discord for my mods, in case you like to chat there:

https://discord.gg/8vxFwGGf

Okay, I've been contemplating uploading the Alpha of the OH-58. Overall it needs work, but it IS flyable, and usable, just no weapons. Maybe somebody will take the time to finish it, but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

As for Things To Do: Not much required on the gun and weapon front, I have uploaded a new version of the weapons pack with the new Tandem HEAT warheads, so that's done. No other commentary on my other mods, so things must be copasetic or whatnot. I need to do the weapon pylons but I'm stuck at the weapons not cycling. That's the issue with the pylons right now. The default BIS weapons do work, so that's not the issue. The issue is my weapons, and so far not even Discord can fix that issue. I brought it up here in another topic to see if somebody knows a fix for the issue. I'm thinking it's a game related issue, but the BIS weapons work, and mine don't, even though I essentially used BIS configs and stuff for the weapon pylon stuff. I did try the Addon Builder versions, and that wasn't the issue. So right now if you missed it, don't use the custom weapons just yet, until I post a fix on the Release page. BIS weapons work fine, so there's that reminder, so it's not totally borked, just my stuff doesn't work.

ADuke's Kiowa Warrior Alpha'

AC1

- First re-release

This mod is not finished. Make sure you read that first sentence before subscribing. This is to prevent the "Needs work" comments because I at least can release it as such.

What it can do:
- Fly around (FM isn't the best, but it's what I got, I can take requests to work on that as I don't know the Kiowa as such).
- It can laser designate and the MMS works fine.

Things to know:
- If you want to work on the helo, contact me either on my Discord: https://discord.gg/8vxFwGGf or contact me by Steam
- Issue is that ADuke entrusted me to get it done. I don't have the inclination to work on it as I have more than enough mods to work on it, and as Yannik said on the Hatchet Team Discord, a Kiowa mod is cursed. I don't know if that truly is true, then it very well may be as nobody (they started one, but never finished it due to issues of their own). I have no issue releasing the source files, but he might, and getting a hold of him takes forever, as either he's alive or dead. If I find out it's dead I'll remove it and that can be taken care of. The only reason why I bring this up is that people may need confirmation that he said it's okay. I at first hint ask him, so my bases are covered as well.
- I can tweak the config and some of the model, but for now it's "as is" and so on, some requests I may do, but I have no interest in working this, and I'm having issues with weapon pylons, so not sure what the issues are right now, so I'm hesitant to build everything and it not work. But again, I don't have the motivation to do it, I have enough helos to take care of.
-  If you do work on it, I require that you provide me with the source files as a matter of record keeping and so I can have it for myself as well. I hope that you let the Arma 3 community use it as well, as it's a unique aircraft to play with for some milsim units.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3324552051

Updated text for the OH-58:

This mod is not finished. Make sure you read that first sentence before subscribing. This is to prevent the "Needs work" comments because I at least can release it as such.

What it can do:
- Fly around (FM isn't the best, but it's what I got, I can take requests to work on that as I don't know the Kiowa as such).
- It can laser designate and the MMS works fine.

Things to know:
- If you want to work on the helo, contact me either on my Discord: https://discord.gg/8vxFwGGf or contact me by Steam
- Issue is that ADuke entrusted me to get it done. I don't have the inclination to work on it as I have more than enough mods to work on it, and as Yannik said on the Hatchet Team Discord, a Kiowa mod is cursed. I don't know if that truly is true, then it very well may be as nobody (they started one, but never finished it due to issues of their own). I have no issue releasing the source files, but he might, and getting a hold of him takes forever, as either he's alive or dead. If I find out it's dead I'll remove it and that can be taken care of. ADuke did send me an email saying I'm free to do whatever I need with it, so I have a screenshotted email if needed for your own records and whatnot.
-  If you do work on it, I require that you provide me with the source files as a matter of record keeping and so I can have it for myself as well. I hope that you let the Arma 3 community use it as well, as it's a unique aircraft to play with for some milsim units.

So far no headway on the pylons issue, so maybe a next maybe patch or something will fix the issue. I'll have to submit a ticket for the issue I bet, so maybe it is an issue with the game and all. But so far the helos will have separate pylons for the modded missiles. The XX-60s will have Hellfires only, while the XX-92s will have the "newer" Rattler ATGMs to use. I really want to find a better model for it, as the A2 Hellfires are pretty lacking. I might find something on TurboSquid, maybe not, but I could always adjust the models in OB to get a better look for them. Overall not much on the mod front, just the pylons issue so far with me is the "news" of the day, and no real headway. I thought it was moving along when I could cycle the BIS weapons, and my missiles not showing up in the weapons systems for the MH-92 DAP I was using at the time. So who knows what the issue is, if it's on my end, or a game end.

ADuke UH-1Y

RC14
- Improved the sensors system with the Ghost Hawk setup

So far been working on the sensors of my helos. So far I've gotten the MH-92s done, and working on increasing the range of the sensor window to at least four to eight kilometers, where right now it's 2.0km. I'm trying to increase it, mainly for the xx-92 DAPs, since they have weaponry, in order to see things better. It does have a similar setup to the Mi-48 Kajman, so you can use a radar and IR sensor, as well as the visual sensors as setup in the configs. I'll probably update the xx-60s with the same basic setup, and need to find out if that big dome on the MH-60 is a radar of some sort, or whatever it is. So I'll be spending some time incorporating that into the configs, along with a recent update of the UH-1Y.

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC94
- Increased the carrying weight capability of the MQ-17 pylons, now can carry a wider variety of weapons. NOTE: I know that the BIS weapons don't look right, while the 2x AGM-117 Rattlers look correct. I can adjust the pylons so they look better, but I can only do so much with them.
- MH-92s have active radar, IR, and visual settings for the sensors now, as per the model.
- MH/UH-60s have basic RWR for flight ops
- UH-92s have a basic RWR for flight ops
- MH-92 DAPs no longer have a sling load ability, as the sensor system (taken from the Mi-48) takes priority over that due to it being a strictly attack helo.
- AH-96 can (when able) select the Rattler ATGMs, when the game decides to work. The AH-96 has a basic RWR for flight ops and an IR sensor component as well.
- Fixed a transparency issue with the MH-92 (Insertion) and (Insertion Open Doors) with the new dashboard when damaged.
- Updated the texture on the Rattlers, made it look slightly better.
- Improved the sensors on the AH-96.

NOTE: The 2x AGM-114K, 4x AGM-114K, 2x AGM-117, and the 4x AGM-117 pylon weapons are bugged, as for some reason it will load them fine on the pylon, but are unusable. A fix is on the way, sometime.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-PVkMa-r1N6SooFHirmDuyy2m-Si0m1i/view?usp=sharing

ADuke Kiowa Warrior Alpha

AC2
- Tweaked flight FM slightly, less jerky when going forward, and slows down a bit better as well.

Well I sat down and tweaked the FM of the Kiowa anyway, because it was jerky. This is the current state of the FM right now, which is going to be in a next update, either in a few hours or tomorrow. Anyway I figured out how to fix the bobbing in Auto-Hover, so there's that, as some pilots will like that

ADuke Kiowa Warrior Alpha

AC3
-Fixed more of the FM, removing the bobbing when using Auto-Hover

Pilot UH-92 Cherokee (Coop 4)

- Adjusted a couple points, an Extract point, and a Search and Rescue area in line with other missions similar to this.

UH-92 Cherokee Pilot (SP)

- Changed an Extract Location, as well as a Search and Rescue location. Also added two Nyx AA sites, with 40% presence, and some other changes in line with the MP version