EricJ

EricJ Release Thread

ADuke Kiowa Warrior Alpha

AC4
- Added an RTD file using the Hummingbird for now given that they're both light helicopters

After years of not doing it...

http://ericjwrites.itgo.com/Arma3/wip1995.jpg

Right now it doesn't have any functions, and just is there to complete the model more or less. I may look into making it work for another mod, but the only one I'm tracking is the USAF Mod, and with around a two and half (or around that area anyway) flight time and fuel, I don't see any reason to make it compatible with other mods as of yet. I mean most ops last a few hours so I'm on the fence about making it compatible with another mod right now. Again it's just there to finally put them on the birds. I have to figure out something for the MH-92s, but I think a shorter length and no emphasis on extending it given that the ducted fans shroud the blades, and so on.

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC95
- AGM-117s by default have a Tandem HEAT warhead for penetrating attacks.
- Tweaked Hellfire model, looks closer to the real thing.
- Reduced damage for the Hellfires and Rattlers, in line with other mods.
- Non-functioning refueling probes were added to the SOAR MH-60s. There is a thought to incorporate another mod (which wont be dependent on), if people can point me to a good sample to work with another mod for refueling, if needed.
- Increased fuel for the XX-92s

NOTE: The 2x AGM-114K, 4x AGM-114K, 2x AGM-117, and the 4x AGM-117 pylon weapons are bugged, as for some reason it will load them fine on the pylon, but are unusable. A fix is on the way, sometime.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-W1Y7_uAmOW2elgZLgGymLM1nOMRW-LO/view?usp=sharing

,Pilot MH/UH-92 missions, (SP) and (Coop 4)

- Removed HMGs near the western extraction point

Pilot MH-92 Cherokee (Coop 4) 

- Decided to add more points, insertion/extraction, and places to drop off ammo during the Ammo Resupply Mission. Right now they're beta and seeing if the game doesn't crash when they're generated randomly.

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC96
- Adjusted the Refuelling probe length on the SOAR UH-60s to be more close to the real thing
- Refuel probe should work with the USAF Mod. Note that this mod doesn't require it, but will work with it. I'm not too sure about the x,y, and z coordinates, but I think it'll look like it should. If it doesn't let me know.
- Increased armor of the XX-92s by ten points.

NOTE: The 2x AGM-114K, 4x AGM-114K, 2x AGM-117, and the 4x AGM-117 pylon weapons are bugged, as for some reason it will load them fine on the pylon, but are unusable. A fix is on the way, sometime.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-kVoNnDHkQsfwKe6rouFKlP4NLaqzxzE/view?usp=sharing

Pilot MH-92 Cherokee (Coop 4) , SP, as well as Pilot UH92 (Coop 4) and (SP)

-Adjusted an Insert/extract point, moving it from the Kavala Castle to a more secure position.

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC97
-MH-92s have the correct Countermeasures Dispenser.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-xxqv0taM7_yhAFqd8NRpzu-jqTZhF1T/view?usp=sharing

Pilot MH/UH-92 Cherokee (Coop 5)

Modified both MP missions with a Zeus slot, now Coop 5.

Pilot MH-92 Cherokee (Coop 5)

- Named positions to make it easier to assign roles

Pilot UH-92 Cherokee (Coop 5)

- Removed the Wipeout firing into camp, felt it was kinda dumb for it to do that.

- Named all positions to make things a little clearer.

AC4
- Basic weapon pylons are added, for use with BIS weapons only. In the future when the pylon system works for me, I'll add more custom weapons. As such given the issues with it, there will be no custom weapons as of now. It'll happen in the future. Note that for now the pilot controls the weapons. After some research I can fix that issue.
- Added an RTD file using the Hummingbird for now given that they're both light helicopters

ADuke Kiowa Alpha Notes:

This mod is not finished. Make sure you read that first sentence before subscribing. This is to prevent the "Needs work" comments because I at least can release it as such.

What it can do:
- Fly around (FM isn't the best, but it's what I got, I can take requests to work on that as I don't know the Kiowa as such).
- It can laser designate and the MMS works fine.
- It can use BIS weapons only right now, so until I get the custom weapons working, it will be that

Things to know:
- If you want to work on the helo, contact me either on my Discord:  https://discord.gg/afmPJCBRbh or contact me by Steam
- Right now I don't feel too motivated to work on it all of the time. Right now due to lack of interest in any help I'll work on it as much as possible without killing myself. I would really like some more experienced modders to work on it, given that they have more resources than I do, and can make it shine. But if you put up wth the infrequent updates, I can probably get it finished, sometime.

AC5
- Pylon settings field now reflect pylon positions accurately

AC6
- Installed a basic HMD for the pilot and Co-pilot

AC7
- Added some more distance LODs for the helicopter
- Added basic shadow LODs for the helicopter
- Added some detail to the pylons, adjusted it so it looks right.

AC8
- Tweaked Fire Geometry
- Added 2x AGM-114K missile racks for the helo.

AH-1Z

RC15
- Incorporated Hellfires into the pylon selection and are fully functional.
- Retextured the Hellfire skin

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC98
- Changed material for the SOAR MH-60/92s, to reflect a better armor capability
- Added more shadow LODs for the containers
- Removed the two USN helos, the MH-60S M197/Pylon and the MH-60S 2-pylon birds. It's too much work for one person to convert the birds to suit the playstyle required for those helos. That and I don't think many people play it anyway. Sorry for any inconvenience. I will keep the transport birds available though.
- Tweaked the MH-60/92 DAPs. I think I figured out what the issue was, given that the manned turrets were causing the issue with the pylon weapons. The game doesn't like anything more than a Co-Pilot/Pilot setup, so that was causing the issue with the pylon weapons on the DAPs. Lesson learned and so on. For now since they should be working, the DAP birds will remain as essentially attack helicopters and so on, so they should work with the custom weapons.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1--AO1frsqpv8-DzBRa70BE6jk-czgLeg/view?usp=sharing

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC99
- Pilot controls the miniguns rather than the Co-Pilot for the MH-60/92 DAPs.
- Fixed muzzle flash issues on the miniguns for the DAPs (MH-60/92). It should be noted that due to issues I had to remove the muzzle flash for the cannons, feeling that the miniguns were more important. In the future when I make the gun a gun pod to reduce helo numbers, I'll figure out some way to make the muzzle flash work on that stuff in the future.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-1qraNJFbS2FJIN8oFouB3HrdHMri4Pp/view?usp=sharing

It's becoming a necessity to not always post updates to my missions, as well I am trying to attract more visibility of course, but overall the stats don't change on who uses it. I also make frequent updates and it gets a bit tiresome for every incremental update to the missions, though I like how they are performing at least on my end. Oh well, no worries, I have people playing. I just made this mission, akin to the original "Pilot CH-67" mission that RobJ did. This is my take on it, an MP version of the same mission more or less. It shouldn't require more than the Helicopter DLC, but the Jets DLC may be needed if you want to operate the ship weapons in the bay south of the main Altis Airfield. It does have a Zeus slot at least, so there can be some fun with that if needed.

Pilot CH-67 (Coop 5)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3338310978

AH-1Z

RC16
- Added AIM-9Xs to the wingtips of the helo.

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC101
- Brought back the two Armed MH-60S's. Apparently, I was overwhelmed at the time and made a decision that didn't need to be made. They follow the same style as the DAPs, only a pilot, and co-pilot gunner. Otherwise, all is the same and so on.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-AeulgrHedrb8AVTCfYxzPMaw74enUo4/view?usp=sharing

Well it's been a busy afternoon for me. I finally got the M197 and M230 armed helos gone away now permanently. I managed to figure out how to do a "gun pod" for the USN M197 and M230 armed helos. I managed to remove four models, config entries, and model.cfg entries today. That means you don't need to have a specific gun armed helo in order to do things. The good thing is that the co-pilot can now fire the gun, so if you don't have a pilot you can fire it. Note that the 240 and M134 guns are still slaved to the pilot, so you have something to work with. Other than that I'm sure I'll find something else to do with the Helicopter Pack. I may work on the Kiowa for a bit, but for now I'll deploy the update for the EricJ Helicopter tomorrow, just don't want to ruin missions that use my helos and cause issues with groups that depend on my mod. I don't think most people use my mod play on Sunday, and may move it to Monday, which was my original plan. The weapons are selectable in the appropriate slots where the gun used to be prior to the change, so there's no confusion. I'm not sure if the US Army has dual M230s, but I stuck with one gun on that specific pylon just to keep it somewhat real and should be accurate somewhat. This also helped me understand what to do with the Kiowa, as I had to eventually do the .50 cal  machine gun that is mounted on the left side. Given how the model works and with the Helicopter Pack, I should be able to model everything at least reasonably. Again if anybody is interested in helping with the Kiowa let me know and we can see what we can do, but looks like modeling and whatnot.

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC102
-Removed the "MH-60S (M197/pylon)" due to the pylon system and gun pods. The M197 is now a gun pod, so now I can remove that helo from the list. The MH-60S 2-pylon has the new M197 gun pod.
- Removed the M230 armed helos (MH-60/92), and now the M230 is a pod for the appropriate pylon. While I'm sure the 160th has a dual-configured gun pod, I chose to stick with the pylon that had the gun before, to keep with appearances, and allow a wider variety of options for configurations and the like. Simply select the weapon in the Pylon Settings field of the aircraft.
- The MQ-17 now has small 1000-round miniguns added to it's list of weapons it can employ.
- Increased Armor for the MH-80.
- Created an MQ-17 in SOAR camo. It has some enhancements such as a datalink system.
- MQ-17s now have a shadow LOD.
- Adjusted the MH-80 datalink system
- MH-67 now has limited datalink capability.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-M_sUyyaoZAQuFSisMtj3Rrut_cCtuHT/view?usp=sharing