quack74

Anyone use Monty CZ's WWII Train station objects?

I've downloaded Monty CZ's WWII train station objects for terrain building. I have a few terrain editors that I use to place these objects and a .LOD viewer. All the objects appear using all of the editors and viewers but when I run the game (First Eagles 2) none appear. I've triple checked the Types.INI and everything seems in place. I was wondering if the 3D format was of a version that FE2 can not read. Anyone out there have this problem? I have sent him a message too. But he hasn't been on line here in a few weeks.

the FE2 engine, like the and SF2 engines, read BOTH ANSI and Unicode lods.  FE1 can't

The issue is probably a typo someplace, as I've been using his train stuff for some time, and they all work (SF2)

What's strange is they all appear using mue's terrain editor which pulls .lod's from the Types.ini. But won't appear in-game. If the types .ini had a typo then they shouldn't work with any editor. I can't figure it out.

how are they set up? As seperate, folderized objects in the /GroundObject folder? Or residing inside the terrain folder in question?

I ALWAYS use them as "terrain objects", and never had a problem with getting them to show up. Treat them like any other "building"

I put all .lod's into terrains/Vedun folder. I also put in all the correct .bmp's and tga's and some config.ini for shadow use. I even made winter versions of the objects and put them into the seasonal folders. I checked all of the target types I added to the terrains' (Verdun) Types.ini over and over. For the life of me I can't seem to figure it out. I'm pretty sure it's something so dumb and right in front of my eyes. I have 320 "Types" in my Verdun Types file. These are the only items I can't get to work. Thanks Wrench.

double check the numbering sequence in the types ini -- I've made that mistake more than once!