Sign in to follow this  
jack72

Some question re: Armchair Aces campaign

I would like to download and install this, but there is a fairly large number of addon that need to be gotten.

1) Is Armchair Aces for FE2.  And if so, I assume all add-on required are compatible with FE2.

2) Although I can see that A-Skunkworks is still there, are all those items still available and compatible with FE2.

3) Would I need a separate install for Armchair Aces?

Hi jack72!

I'm rather new to FE2 and Armchair Aces, and here are my experiences.

1) Quote from the Armchair Aces Readme file:

"This mod is intended for FE2, because in 1917 and 1918 you'll need  the different Albatros, Strutters, SPADS et al with different engines that FE2 has. FE1 pilots will need to edit the campaigns to fly them, for example changing the name of the planes like AlbatrosD5_180 to AlbatrosD5....Please, don't ask me for a FE1 version. I'm doing 117 campaigns for the entire series and it's a lot of work!!!! Nevertheless, if someone want to make an FE1 version it has my agreement (if it's free for the people, of course)."

2) A-Skunkworks site is here: http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/

I'm running Armchair Aces with the A-Skunkworks downloads in my FE2 install and haven't noticed any problems so far. The downloads were working ok, when I downloaded but that is some time ago.

3) I don't have a separate install for Armchair Aces, it's only a campaign and doesn't affect other stuff and the downloads required are downloads you would want anyway IMHO.

Good luck! :bye:

S!

vonOben

Thanks VonOben...

So I guess you just has to get the various add-on and put then in the right file directory,  No major fiddling with .ini files?

So I guess you just has to get the various add-on and put then in the right file directory, 

-Correct!

No major fiddling with .ini files?

-No, nothing that I can recall right now.

There are a lot to download and install, so it will take some time.
Follow the instructions for each download, but older downloads have instructions for old FE then you have to use the FE2 way of installing instead.
I'm new to FE/FE2 as I wrote, but I had no problems following the instructions and everything worked as it should directly.