Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

Suggestion for the file section

I think it'll be easier if we put the SF plane mods into its own category like SF Korea addon planes and such. It'll be easier to find a plane and etc. It'll be easier too if we delete the old versions of a plane so newbies won't be confused and vets can find the new version much quicker.

Whattya think?

Falcon

I thought about doing that, but what about aircraft like the P-51 that was used in WW2 and Korea? Or the B-52?

There are many ways that yopu could sort and subsort. I think it may be better to work on the present file system and maybe include a Category like: Korea, ww2, ww1, Lockheed, fairchild, ge, fokker, etc....where it would allow the user to simply use the search more effectivley to find what they are looking for.

then we would just need those submitting the files to more accurately categorize them before they are uploaded. I think this would be a better tool...what do you think?

Fates

There are many ways that yopu could sort and subsort.  I think it may be better to work on the present file system and maybe include a Category like: Korea, ww2, ww1, Lockheed, fairchild, ge, fokker, etc....where it would allow the user to simply use the search more effectivley to find what they are looking for. 

I've got to say that for whatever reason I've never found the search function for downloads here very good - even when I include things to filter by it still seems to return results that you wouldn't expect.

I think that jets/props/helos would be a useful subdivision & possibly also Allies/Axis/NATO/Warsaw Pact etc.

I thought about doing that, but what about aircraft like the P-51 that was used in WW2 and Korea?  Or the B-52?

There are many ways that yopu could sort and subsort.  I think it may be better to work on the present file system and maybe include a Category like: Korea, ww2, ww1, Lockheed, fairchild, ge, fokker, etc....where it would allow the user to simply use the search more effectivley to find what they are looking for. 

then we would just need those submitting the files to more accurately categorize them before they are uploaded.  I think this would be a better tool...what do you think?

Fates

Well in Korea they re-designated the P-51 as F-51. As for B-52, just put it in the cold war folder. But I like your idea better to be honest.

Falcon

Edited by FalconCAF

What I've done is Build a PatchesAndAddOns folder in the SFP1 directory that contains all of the add-ons and patches sub-divided to suit me. Then I store the .RAR/.ZIP files in these. The original file structure remains the same, but I can keep up with what I have installed or not installed and when to suit my own needs to keep the lot organized.

Did you know the USN actually bought and flew a jet uglier than the Warthog. It is called the Skyknight. Oh what unworthy abuse of innocent air!