I think project 1 sims would run in dos box. Why when we have sfp2, lost of files,just to see if it worked etc,etc. I don't have my series 1 disks , in storage somewhere.so what do the pros,and expert think?

I got xp boxes out the kazoo,, I think it's high time to burn some of these old sims on to dvds I got some backed up on to thumb drives,,I try to take great care of these 10 to 15 year old disks..

why would you need to???

SFP1 was built for Win98, as that was the OS in 2002/03 when released. DOSBox is just that ... running the old DOS software (prolly 6 or 6.2???) for something that pre-dates any of the Windows operating systems.

Sounds like a waste of time, to me. Compatibility mode is more likely what you're looking for

No, it will not.  I found my old WOV disc and tested it in DOSBox.  The specific error returned when I attempted to run the Setup was "This program cannot be run in DOS mode."  This shouldn't be particularly surprising, however.  Most Win98 games won't run in DOS.  Even certain Win95 games wouldn't; Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries comes to mind in this regard.  Trying to run the Windows version of M2M in DOS returned a similar error; you needed the DOS version to play the game in DOS.  The basic Mechwarrior 2 had certain workarounds, even for the "Windows" version, but not Mercenaries.

Thanks for trying.Caesar.

No, it will not.  I found my old WOV disc and tested it in DOSBox.  The specific error returned when I attempted to run the Setup was "This program cannot be run in DOS mode."  This shouldn't be particularly surprising, however.  Most Win98 games won't run in DOS.  Even certain Win95 games wouldn't; Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries comes to mind in this regard.  Trying to run the Windows version of M2M in DOS returned a similar error; you needed the DOS version to play the game in DOS.  The basic Mechwarrior 2 had certain workarounds, even for the "Windows" version, but not Mercenaries.