Sign in to follow this  
Spudknocker

DCS world 2 FPS help!

Hey guys!  I recently bought FC3 and the NTTR and am trying to get into DCS... My FPS is fine in DCS World 1.5 but it comes crashing down in DCS world 2.  Is there anything in that can be changed or edited in the various files to help with this?  

Im currently getting 30-50 in 1.5 and 5-25 in 2, it just makes it too choppy to play especually with a tracker IR...

I have all settings on low in 2 and the frame rate sucks and all settings on high in 1.5 and the frame rate is good... Can anyone help?

I dont have the most robust system in the world... I have an Intel 5500 16gb ram and a SSD.  Is 2.0 just too much for my system?  I wonder if I have something corrupted cause when I first opened it I had a really weird stretched screen issue

You are using Intel HD5500 Graphics built into the CPU? (which CPU)............. I am surprised you can run 1.5. 

Recommended for 2.0:

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / ATI R9 290 DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

The 16GB of RAM is essential..........8GB really struggled using 1.5 it was stuttering and running out of memory...........your issue looks like Graphics hardware.

There may be some file tweaks to take out some of the changes to 2.0 on EDs forums.  

Edited by MigBuster