Sign in to follow this  
devere

FE Gold on Win X

Hi all,

Just re-installed FEGold after a long while but have run into several issues. Main one is framerate - its basically a slide show. I have tried all the obvious things such as run as admin, compatibility mode etc but no luck. Also tried setting graphics options to low, that did improve things a bit, but nowhere near enough to actually fly and fight.

Also trying to exit the game using ESC in flight often causes the game to crash.

All drivers on my system BTW are up todate. I used to fly this sim fine about a year ago on win 8 - but so far X is a no-go. This is a fresh install with Nov 2008 as the build and no mods installed nor any INI edits.

Specs:

Nvidia gtx960

12gb ram (DDR3 1600mhz)

1TB 5400rpm HDD

If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

WoFF is fantastic but I still miss this old stalwart. It has a charm of its own. Especially the quick mission generator - still one of the best in any flight sim IMHO.

Hi - had the same problems and had this issue even in WOV. Found the solution in using the enbseries drivers (just drop them into your game folder).

• Like 1

Hi - had the same problems and had this issue even in WOV. Found the solution in using the enbseries drivers (just drop them into your game folder).

Could you expand a bit on "enbseries drivers?"  What are they are where can we find them?  Thanks.

@gterl - Awesome sir - you are a star! Back to playable even with all the bells and whistles on. Still get the odd crash on exit, but I can live with that.

@Geezer - here is where I found them: http://enbdev.com/download.htm

I chose the generic graphic mod, then when I had extracted the files I used the wrapper version. Works like a charm.

If you still have crashes just grab another version

I THINK I have this version (not 100% on this, not on my PC)

http://enbdev.com/download_mod_nbalive08.htm

What you need in any case is just the d3d9.dll (you can skip the rest if you're not interested in the enbseries features)

Happy to report, that after posting I went and flew a few more missions, and the crashing seems to have stopped. It hangs a for a moment on hitting ESC, but now drops back to the main menu.

Now everything is working, I'm going to have to get all my mods re-installed. This sim really is a much underated little gem.

• Like 3