Ok, jsut an idea i thought about trying but i dotn have the pateince or the time right now.

Ok, teh guys in EAW created a carrier by making a 3d mod fo a carrier, in this case we could modify the TANKER model to represent a early era aircraft carrier, possibly the early 50s era. Now, the next step would be placing a runway underneath the carrier and making it just long enough that it wont show, beign the same length as the TANKER mod. Only problem i can forsee with this is that the runway will be under the water, and therefore you would crash once you hit the water. BUT if there was a way to change the height to that of the TANKER deck, it could work, also we could modify the TANKER and CARGO ships by making them look like cruisers and/of frigates, increase their armor number in the correct .cat file and then add a small helo deck on the back.

Wouldnt mind hearing some feedback :)

Guest Ranger332

Fates is the man to see bout the ships he was dong some remodling of some prior

Hope he sees my post then, course he prolly already thought of it

oh, sorry bout my typos, sometimes i get typign so fast i dont notice them. :(

Guest Ranger332

yep its a rig

anyway they could link the naplam effect to it when you blow it up? :twisted:

Ok, changed the deck bmp, this is what it'd look simialr to with a carrier deck, i used a pic of a real carrier deck(early 50s, post ww2, korea) for the deck, would need a lil tweaking on that one, i just need to know how to removed the masts, change the hull in the front so it doesnt come up like that, and move the super structure and resize it.

Would be cool to actually use the Navy planes as they were meant to fly. But how did you get those tankers on land?

Hmmm...amphibious aircraft carriers...Imagine seeing the USS Nimitz trundling towards you on dry land.

The game right now doesnt make that distinction, and i have to move the bohemoth back because i'm using it for "amphibious" operations in a rear area ;).

Guest Ranger332

YOUR OFF TO A GREAT START---HOW DID YOU DO THAT?????

Changed the bmp of the deck plating, unfortunately it also changes all the deck plating, for eht cargo ship AND tanker, now i have another ship i've named the Carrier(hehe, figured out how to add more targets :twisted: :roll: )

I just need to prolly get a 3d modeling program, any out their for free? :roll:

Oh yeah, also added a AAA to the Carrier/Tanker i'm having fun playing with :twisted:

Ok, i'm using gmax right now, jsut sorta fooling around with it, anyway i can get 3view drawings and put it into this program and have it generate the correct form?

or do i gotta spend money n get 3d max for that? :)