So I noticed in this video that the stationairy image on the F-8s sight actually behaves like an image on a normal reflector sight, but the image in the pit I use for the MiG-21MF (and pretty much any other custom pit that uses stationairy images) behaves like it's drawn physically on the combiner glass (i.e. it stays glued to the glass when I move my view and it should move off the glass). My question is, would it be somehow possible to make it like the one in the video?

This one is an example of the problem I have.

Edited by CptHrki

check the cockpit ini for head movent entries and // then out  

I have done it before many years ago right I don't recall the exact name entries but they are there somewhere LOL 

the large reticle doesn't move, but the smaller one is your "lead computing" spot (iirc!)

I'm sure there's someone to confirm this

Yeah Wrench I know this of course. I tried to explain as best as I could but basically I know the large one isn't supposed to move, what I'm talking about is how it behaves as if it were drawn onto the glass with a crayon. Usually if you looked away from the glass it should move off it like in the upper video. I don't know if you understand, but it doesn't behave like an actual reflected image, it behaves like it's physically on the glass. Watch the upper video: as the player moves his view away, the fixed image moves off of the glass like it does irl, while when the MiG player moves his view, the image stays on the glass as if it were drawn on there instead of behaving like it should (the same as the F-8 one). In other words, the F-8 image stays focused into infinity while the MiG one doesn't. So basically when looking away from the glass, the fixed image should follow the smaller reticle as long as it's in caged mode and this is what I'm trying to correct but can't figure out how.

Edited by CptHrki

Here are two images to show what I'm talking about. Notice that the F-8 one is behaving properly and going off the glass still showing where the plane is pointing, while the MiG one doesn't. http://imgur.com/a/4k4wl

Different way of showing the sights in the two examples.

The F-8 is using the "standard" SF method where the fixed reticle is a part of the gunsight system

The MiG-21 has the fixed reticle painted onto a tga texture which is part of the cockpit lod...

I think thats a "leftover" from the early SFP1 days , pre-TW F-8 when there was no support for the

combination of fixed and moving reticles.

And the basic MiG-21 cockpit mod (by Magoo/Paladrian) dates back to the pre-TW F-8 days ... IIRC.

Theres a way to make a standard SF sight setup for the MiG-21 but its not a 3-min job, takes more like 30 and

requires hiding and resizing/repainting stuff ... except if someone has done it already.

Yeah that's what I was talking about, I'd enjoy the standard method with the MiG but I have no idea how to do it (also I haven't found anything like it anywhere). If you'd like you can PM me with the details so I can do it myself, I've got plenty of time :)