swambast

3ds Max - Selecting All Mesh that share common texture map?

Hey 3d Max Gurus - what techniques are you using to identify and select all mesh objects that share a common texture?

go to material editor...

choose material with texture that u need to work  and at the side panel of material edior ther is select by material button...

post-85812-0-97349400-1502042454_thumb.jpg

then it will redirect you to 'select from scene' menu...just click ok..

post-85812-0-07731100-1502042595_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Yakarov, thanks - much appreciated!  I'm trying to optimize some mesh/textures...  The challenge I'm also having is identifying which ones I could collapse and smooth into a single mesh element without affecting something like cockpit functions defined in the _data.ini

Therefore, is the only way to ensure I don't screw something up would be to consult the _data.ini and ensure those elements are not selected and their hierarchy maintained?  

Im not sure if i understand correctly...

But (yours example - cocpit) as long as you wil not rename or change dependants hierarchy should be ok.So you can edit anything as long as hierarchy will remain same...unless you want to change .ini file too. Sometimes it might be tricky with animations... But there are also ways to detach or attach elements to avoid screwing things up.

Technicaly you can even reset x-form of finished nodes without screwing things up or re-uvw map without affecting anything.

pm me if needed.

Yakarov, that really helps - thank you very much for your quick reply and explanation!   :salute: 

• Like 1