Geezer

New Aircraft

On 6/9/2022 at 6:09 AM, JulioJunqueira said:

Coolest!  This fire effect is great. :clapping:

Thank you Julio -- yes I like the fire effect too (it is present in the ver. 10.5 FM update addon for the Strutters, but the fire effect disappears in the 10.6 "proof of concept" addon, by the way, which gives limited rpm control for some of the Strutter sub-types).

Speaking of limited rpm control on the rotaries, I have in the meantime experimented further with that -- so far I have enabled limited rpm control from about 1000 to 1200 rpms on the Fokk. Eindeckers series I through III -- I will consider also including such tweaks to the Morane Bullet, also the Nieups. 11 through 27 or 28, and the early and "gaskammered" variants of the Fokk. Dr.1. Other types, such as very early ones and/or types with poorer reputations (M-S Type H, M-S Parasols, the Pfalz Eindeckers and Parasols, etc.), I will leave at default (fully on or off), for the sake of variety. Limited rpm control will also be applied to the early Camel and Clerget Camel, as well as to the early and later one-gun Tripe variants (the two-gun Tripe variant, also any other higher HP rotaries and Siemens-Halske types, such as later Pfalzes -- will be left with full throttle capabilities as previously tweaked).

If interested, click on the pic. below to see a 10 min. clip of testing with the Fokk. E.III, and other relevant details. One of the changes I particularly like with limited rpm control implementation present is that there is nice wing bobbing now present just before the engine goes into the blip switch "on" spectrum -- nice representation of gyroscopic effects from the rotaries that way. Once you push further towards full throttle, within the limited rpm control band, the effects become smoother and wing bobbing less noticeable.

The AI also takes advantage of the limited rpm control band for smoother landings (see last few mins. of the clip for that).

Bit busy with work currently but I hope to cover all of the changes in a few months -- and will release them as FM update pack version 11.

Cheers all & happy flying in FE2,

:buba:

FE2_EindeckerTestsPic.thumb.jpg.0aca6d06eae56d5db574eed02c173424.jpg

Edited by VonS
Added relevant link to pic.
  • Like 3