Special Hercules Over Vietnam

This is extra pack of special versions of C-130 Hercules used by USAF during Vietnam War period.

Pack contains all required models and it is based on Dels great new C-130 Pack + update available here on Combat Ace.
http://combatace.com/files/file/16427-c-130-hercules-superpack/
update here:
http://combatace.com/files/file/16480-c-130-hercules-superpack-add-on-1/

All skins are based on templates by Dels and are done in 2048x2048 format.

Credits:
Original model + pit model: Dels
C-130 fake pilot mods, AQM-drones, Cargo 1800gal fule tank and DC-130 pylons: yakarov

Pack contains:

C-130E(I) Combat Talon I.
In 1965-1966 Big Safari program started programs Skyhook / Stray Goose programs resulting in series of modifications to C-130E airframes as Fulton Recovery System and AN/APQ-115 TF/TA Radar.
On 8 September 1966, Stray Goose deployed 4 aircrafts and personnel to Southeast Asia as Combat Spear unit under PACAF as Detachment 1 314th Troop Carrier Wing. Aircrafts operated from Nha Trang AB in Vietnam. and became first Combat talon aircrafts used in combat.
C-130E(i) Combat Talon I 

HC-130P Combat Shadow.
In mid-1966 flight testing began of rescue helicopters equipped with aerial refueling receivers, and 11 HC-130H - the controller aircraft were modified as tankers and redesignated the HC-130P. SAR, Command and Control/vertical lift (helicopter) aerial refueling aircraft, entering service in Southeast Asia in November 1966.
Amid few original ARRS units this set covers painting and decals of 39th ARRS.

DC-130A & DC-130E.
Operations over China and Vietnam could not be succesfulf if not drones operated by 350th SRS . Three C-130As (56-0527, 56-0514 and 57-0461) and three C-130Es (61-2368, 61-2369 and 61-2371) were converted in the 1965-6 timeframe. It is possible that the DC-130As were intended for tactical drone operations and the more powerful and longer ranged DC-130Es were intended for strategic operations with 'big winged' Model 147s over China. The DC-130As generally migrated to test activities after the war and the DC-130Es, after serving with the 432nd TDG, rejoined the transport fleet as C-130Es.
During service in Vietnam all DC-130A were later retrofitted with four bladed Hamilton Standard props.

Ive made all decals for all versions covering years of use in USAF service based on available reference materials.
So all serial numbers are historicaly correct. 
National and squadron markings as always in my case are painted on skins.

I did not include any new bump or specular maps. Great stuff for replacment can be found in Kulbit80 pack:
http://combatace.com/files/file/16489-vmgr-152-hi-viz-skin-for-kc-130f/

As weapons AQM-34 - is EOGR missile - can be anything it will not work as drone anyway).
Pylons are set as TLR - to acomodate EOGR  -but somehow there is option to load one drone - do not use it. as it will apear somewhere in middle of aircraft.

AQM-34 Drones covers three versions:
G- ECM version equipped with ALE-2 chaff dispening pods.
L-low-altitude photo recce
Q- big wing ELINT version

In HC version refueling drogue is deployed at speed near 120kts. (to simulate refueling helicopters too.)

Note:
In this pack (unlike original Dels C-130) JATO is activated by vector thrust controll (similiar as in latest Tu-22 pack)

report bugs.
Jarek Hereda.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Another great mod from you! :good:

Thank you Jarek! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By yakarov79

View File HC-130P Combat Shadow. SF2.2018
      This is extra pack of special rescue - refueling version of C-130 Hercules used by USAF -  HC-130P
      Basic modding skills are required to run this mod.  (copy/paste, mod folder structure etc.) also pledged allegiance to the Queen and Country - required.
      Install:
      Copy paste specific folders into a correct destination.
      Fake pilot is required to run this mod. 
      Pack contains all required models and it is based on Dels great new C-130 Pack + update available here on Combat Ace.
      update here:
      All skins are based on my new templates in 3072x3072
      Credits:
      C-130 fake pilot mods, Cargo 1800gal fule tank: yakarov
      Pack contains:
      HC-130P Combat Shadow versions for early with Fulton recovery system and late with that system removed.
      Ive made all decals for all versions covering years of use in USAF service based on available reference materials.
      Refueling drogue is deployed at speed near 120kts. (to simulate refueling helicopters too.)
      If you have SEA version of HC-130P - probably you will need to rename fake pilot for '66 version to have correct colors of fake pilot mods.
      Note:
      In this pack (unlike original Dels C-130) JATO is activated by vector thrust control.

report bugs.
      Jarek Hereda.
      Submitter yakarov79 Submitted 12/30/2018 Category C-130  
    • By yakarov79
      This is extra pack of special rescue - refueling version of C-130 Hercules used by USAF -  HC-130P
      Basic modding skills are required to run this mod.  (copy/paste, mod folder structure etc.) also pledged allegiance to the Queen and Country - required.
      Install:
      Copy paste specific folders into a correct destination.
      Fake pilot is required to run this mod. 
      update here:
      All skins are based on my new templates in 3072x3072
      Credits:
      C-130 fake pilot mods, Cargo 1800gal fule tank: yakarov
      Pack contains:
      HC-130P Combat Shadow versions for early with Fulton recovery system and late with that system removed.
      Refueling drogue is deployed at speed near 120kts. (to simulate refueling helicopters too.)
      If you have SEA version of HC-130P - probably you will need to rename fake pilot for '66 version to have correct colors of fake pilot mods.
      Note:
      In this pack (unlike original Dels C-130) JATO is activated by vector thrust control.

report bugs.
      Jarek Hereda.
    • By yakarov79
      This is extra pack of special versions of C-130 Hercules used by USAF during Vietnam War period.
      update here:
      All skins are based on templates by Dels and are done in 2048x2048 format.
      Credits:
      C-130 fake pilot mods, AQM-drones, Cargo 1800gal fule tank and DC-130 pylons: yakarov
      Pack contains:
      C-130E(I) Combat Talon I.
      In 1965-1966 Big Safari program started programs Skyhook / Stray Goose programs resulting in series of modifications to C-130E airframes as Fulton Recovery System and AN/APQ-115 TF/TA Radar.
      On 8 September 1966, Stray Goose deployed 4 aircrafts and personnel to Southeast Asia as Combat Spear unit under PACAF as Detachment 1 314th Troop Carrier Wing. Aircrafts operated from Nha Trang AB in Vietnam. and became first Combat talon aircrafts used in combat.
      C-130E(i) Combat Talon I 
      HC-130P Combat Shadow.
      In mid-1966 flight testing began of rescue helicopters equipped with aerial refueling receivers, and 11 HC-130H - the controller aircraft were modified as tankers and redesignated the HC-130P. SAR, Command and Control/vertical lift (helicopter) aerial refueling aircraft, entering service in Southeast Asia in November 1966.
      Amid few original ARRS units this set covers painting and decals of 39th ARRS.
      DC-130A & DC-130E.
      Operations over China and Vietnam could not be succesfulf if not drones operated by 350th SRS . Three C-130As (56-0527, 56-0514 and 57-0461) and three C-130Es (61-2368, 61-2369 and 61-2371) were converted in the 1965-6 timeframe. It is possible that the DC-130As were intended for tactical drone operations and the more powerful and longer ranged DC-130Es were intended for strategic operations with 'big winged' Model 147s over China. The DC-130As generally migrated to test activities after the war and the DC-130Es, after serving with the 432nd TDG, rejoined the transport fleet as C-130Es.
      During service in Vietnam all DC-130A were later retrofitted with four bladed Hamilton Standard props.

I did not include any new bump or specular maps. Great stuff for replacment can be found in Kulbit80 pack:
      http://combatace.com/files/file/16489-vmgr-152-hi-viz-skin-for-kc-130f/
      As weapons AQM-34 - is EOGR missile - can be anything it will not work as drone anyway).
      Pylons are set as TLR - to acomodate EOGR  -but somehow there is option to load one drone - do not use it. as it will apear somewhere in middle of aircraft.
      AQM-34 Drones covers three versions:
      G- ECM version equipped with ALE-2 chaff dispening pods.
      L-low-altitude photo recce
      Q- big wing ELINT version
      In HC version refueling drogue is deployed at speed near 120kts. (to simulate refueling helicopters too.)
      Note:
      In this pack (unlike original Dels C-130) JATO is activated by vector thrust controll (similiar as in latest Tu-22 pack)

report bugs.
      Jarek Hereda.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..