Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Issue with sky mod

I am running Panama Red's Realistic Sky Mod. I have noticed when running under the "Clear" weather setting, about half the time I get Panama Red's clouds, the rest of the time I get a purplish haze at the horizon. Does anyone know why it's so inconsistent? 

CloudSky.jpg

PurpleSky.jpg

Hi Stephen,

Have you tried toggling the horizon cloud, fog enabled entry to "False" in the environsys file for the Panama Red clouds? It's worth a shot...might get rid of that purple banding effect. I haven't noticed such banding running Stary's "Sarcasm v. 1.3" clouds, with horizon fog enabled on or off - perhaps experimenting with different environsys variables, and cloud types, will help.

Von S

• Like 1

Something to do with the time of day? I don't play around with the environment ini much but did notice quite a few variables for time of day.  The purplish haze looks good in your screen shot, maybe it's in the morning?

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments, gentlemen.

I've been reading VonS's posts in another thread about environment tweaks. I'll try changing the fog and sky color settings.

The purple band doesn't bother me too much, although sometimes it's much more pronounced. My question was why does the game only use the sky mod sometimes, while other times it reverts to the stock sky. I noticed in the terrain ini that the weather chance settings did not add up to 100. I adjusted the numbers and the problem seems to be fixed. 

• Like 2