Sign in to follow this  
Trotski

Austro Hungarian Taube ( Galacia)

Austro Hungarian Taube ( Galacia)

This is a re do of Stephen 1918's Kondor Taube, specifically in Austrian Markings for the Eastern Front, and as Stephen has just released his updated Galacia Map, I thought it fitting to re skin one of his Aircraft. 

The First one is actually a skin seen on and Etrich built Taube, and NOT a Kondor, however as we only have the one model, I applied a little artistic licence. I have also added serial numbers, not historically correct for this aircraft, however they look the part, so a little suspension of belief will go a long way !!! also I am unsure if this scheme was a one off on a single airframe, or whether it was done on others, but anyway it looks very Austrian, and a gaggle of them flying together ( when you can actually get any altitude) look very smart and efficient, so all good !! The Second skin is just Stephens original one with new markings . I have also made new hangar and loading screens specific to this Aeroplane.

I used a combination of Stephens and Gambits skins , so most of the hard work must go to those worthy souls !! I have also included Von S' Data.ini which makes the aircraft a brute to fly, but that was what they were like, underpowered and SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !!! I was going to apply weathering to the skins , but most pictures I have seen of Taubes portray pretty clean aircraft all things considered. I have re done the Engine sound as I wasn't happy with the stock proploop. I have also amalgamated the Armed ( rifle) and grenade armed machines, as I feel that they would have carried both, and no one or the other exclusively  . and have therefore put a loadout.ini file in with the aeroplane. everything else is in there sounds, guns pilots etc so it should be plug and play......if I have left anything out please accept my apologies, and blame the weather or the cat, anything but me !! 

So again thanks and huge shout outs to Stephen, Gambit, and Von S who gave us the original I hope you enjoy this very attractive Aeroplane, even if its hard work to get the best out of it .

:airplane:    

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Trotski
      This is a re do of Stephen 1918's Kondor Taube, specifically in Austrian Markings for the Eastern Front, and as Stephen has just released his updated Galacia Map, I thought it fitting to re skin one of his Aircraft. 
      The First one is actually a skin seen on and Etrich built Taube, and NOT a Kondor, however as we only have the one model, I applied a little artistic licence. I have also added serial numbers, not historically correct for this aircraft, however they look the part, so a little suspension of belief will go a long way !!! also I am unsure if this scheme was a one off on a single airframe, or whether it was done on others, but anyway it looks very Austrian, and a gaggle of them flying together ( when you can actually get any altitude) look very smart and efficient, so all good !! The Second skin is just Stephens original one with new markings . I have also made new hangar and loading screens specific to this Aeroplane.
      I used a combination of Stephens and Gambits skins , so most of the hard work must go to those worthy souls !! I have also included Von S' Data.ini which makes the aircraft a brute to fly, but that was what they were like, underpowered and SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !!! I was going to apply weathering to the skins , but most pictures I have seen of Taubes portray pretty clean aircraft all things considered. I have re done the Engine sound as I wasn't happy with the stock proploop. I have also amalgamated the Armed ( rifle) and grenade armed machines, as I feel that they would have carried both, and no one or the other exclusively  . and have therefore put a loadout.ini file in with the aeroplane. everything else is in there sounds, guns pilots etc so it should be plug and play......if I have left anything out please accept my apologies, and blame the weather or the cat, anything but me !! 
      So again thanks and huge shout outs to Stephen, Gambit, and Von S who gave us the original I hope you enjoy this very attractive Aeroplane, even if its hard work to get the best out of it .

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..