Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

decals question

On 2/5/2019 at 9:48 AM, Wrench said:

whoever told you that was full of shit. What you describe is more video driver issue. And yes, my first installs were XP also. And I really DO know what I'm talking about.

and why do we have to go to some other site to view your images? Just attach them to your post. 

Remember, the  very last person you want to call out, is one of the Admins. So watch your tone

I am sorry you took it thatway. I meant no disrespect.  I learned a lot from your teachings and always used your guidings, so why would I do that? On contraire, I am grateful.  Maybe, as I said once, my English is not that good and sometimes I am missunderstood. I just stated the facts I saw and heard, I spoke my mind, without any passion or innuendo. I still think that being sincere, telling what you think can't do any harm to anyone.

I can't post pictures here, website it keeps telling me that I have only 61,44Kb for posting, I don't have a clue why I keep getting this message (the same when I try to attach photos to an email here on website). By the way have you seen my pictures sent ? If you say it's all wrong that person say, how do you explain the anomaly ? In pictures one can see clearly that WITHOUT alphachannel it looks awful, is not readable. WITH alpha channel it looks as it should. So how can you tell that there is no difference ? You think I am making this up ? Try for yourself and you will see it looks exactly like in my pictures. And it can't be this time the drivers. If it would be the drivers, it would look awful with or without alphachannel. There is a layer on all the SF1 game's screen WHERE a writing menu exists , that is the most reasonable explanation for the graphic anomaly (the text is not readable without alphachannel implemented). So bottom line, I really don't understand why you keep saying that it wont matter, in SF1 text menus, if you have alpha channel or not. I hope you will have patience and time to check what I am telling you and not to smack me around.

PS - At that time I had the last driver installed. Second and a proof that there was no driver issue is this: when I was changing the bitmap with the one with alpha channel, the mouse graphic anomaly disappeared, so it can't be that. If you choose NOT to believe me, that is another thing, but I remind you that I might be a novice in SF1/SF2 comparing with you, but in pc hardware I am not an idiot at all, I have 25 years of experience, so I really know what I am talking about. If you challenge MY expertise, please bring proof, otherwise all you say in this matter is nothing but an insult and I don't deserve this.

Edited by UllyB