Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Spanish Civil War, Spanish DH.9 - 2 Pack

Spanish Civil War, Spanish DH.9 - 2 Pack

After World War I, Spain purchased several surplus Airco DH.9's from Britain. In the 1920's a Spanish version was built, under license, by the Hispano-Suiza Company. The Spanish DH.9 was fitted with a 300hp Hispano-Suiza 8 cylinder engine. About 500 were produced during the 20's and at least 25 were still in service when the civil war started in 1936. The Hispano-Suiza DH.9 was used by both sides during the war and some remained in service until the end of the war in 1939.

I have made two versions, one for each side, with appropriate skins, decals, and loadouts. My skinning templates are included. 

Each version has two bomb loadouts, one with eight 25kg bombs mounted under the wings, and one with two 100kg bombs carried under the fuselage. One of the bombs was included with the Polikarpov I-15. Two of them were included in Geezer's 1930's bomb pack. I have included all the necessary bombs with this download, but you may not need to install all of them. I have included instructions for installing the bombs in a separate text file.

Credits
Thanks to Ojcar for making the original data file for the DH.9. I have made slight modifications for the Spanish Civil War versions.

Thanks to Geezer for making the two Italian bombs as part of his 1930's Bomb Pack for First Eagles. I have included them in this download in case you don't already have them.

Installation Instructions

For FE1 - Unzip the file. Move the folders named "NatDH9" and "RepDH9" into your FirstEagles/Objects/Aircraft folder.

You will need to install some or all of the bombs. See the Instructions For Installing Bombs, included with this download.

For FE2 - Unzip the file. Move the folders named "NatDH9" and "RepDH9" into your FirstEagles/Objects/Aircraft folder. Then in the FirstEagles/Objects/Decals folder, create two new folders named "NatDH9" and "RepDH9". Move the folder named "D" from your Aircraft/DH9 folders into the appropriate Decals/DH9 folders you just made. 

You will need to install some or all of the bombs. See the Instructions For Installing Bombs, included with this download.

Very very good ! Thanks a lot !!! :drinks:

• Thanks 1