Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

How To Move/Remove/Hide Cockpit Bits

This comes up every once in a while, and even I sometimes don't remembe, and have to look it up.

So, what this little tutorial will, do, is show and list the steps necessary to "take things out" of a cockpit, that you really don't need.

First off, you really, REALLY, REALLY should have a copy of Mue's Lod Viewer (tm). This will give a perfect view of the cockpit itself, with a full listing of the component meshes & their names.

In the image below, you see I'm using Raven's Hurricane Mk.1 cockpit, and have marked part of the gunsight. We'll be removing it, as the aircraft I want to use it on, dosen't have one. You'll also notice the mesh name highlighted, over on the upper left pane.

lod viewer overview.jpg

So, now we open the cockpit ini, and we'll be adding "new" insturments, so we can move these meshes out of the way.

This part stays the same for all the differing methods, of which I will show you.

In the =CockpitSeat01' , or 3rd section down, where all the instrument are defined, you'll add the "new" listing --always in numerical order!!!  The actual "named" move sections (keep reading) are added at the bottom of the cockpit ini.

[CockpitSeat001]
==-major snippage of uneeded statements==

Instrument[029]=StandbyCompass
Instrument[030]=ADI2

//--removes or moves --///

Instrument[031]=Move1
Instrument[032]=Move2
Instrument[033]=Move3
Instrument[034]=Move4        <----- Move "instrument" statements
Instrument[035]=Move5
Instrument[036]=Move6
Instrument[037]=Move7
Instrument[038]=Move8

Now, the first way we discovered, sometime in the mid-2000s, was to "drop them out of sight". It goes something like this:

[Move1] 
Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR 
NodeName=SitePIMk1
MovementType=POSITION_Z 
Set[01].Position=-9 
Set[01].Value=0.0 
Set[02].Position=-9 
Set[02].Value=1.0 

It used the airspeed values, so as soon as the game starts ( "0" knots") the items vanishes.

But, there are better and simpler ways

As stated by Cliff7600, you can tell the game the mesh is a light (like a warning light, or light bulb, or whatever) As so below:

When I delete something from a cockpit I like to use the "MovementType=LIGHT" entry

[Move1] 
Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR 
NodeName=**Name of Mesh Goes Here**
MovementType=LIGHT
Set[01].Position=0
Set[01].Value=0.0 
Set[02].Position=0
Set[02].Value=1.0

-- Cliff7600

The 3rd Method, as posted by Yakarov and Wilches, is simply make the mesh "Inactive". As seen below

[Move1] 
Type=INACTIVE
NodeName=**Name of Mesh Goes Here**

-yakarov79 & Wilches

Remember, no matter how many moves you use, they must all be listed in the Insturment section, and must match the names of the moves listed.

Save and close the cockpit ini, and go in-game to test the operation.

It should look like the image below, with all the meshes of the gunsight removed

no_gunsight.JPG

And that's pretty much it

Thanks to whoever first invented this (bpao? armordave?) and to cliff7600, yakarov79 and wilches.

Happy Moving!!! :drinks:

• Like 9

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..