MIM-14 Nike Hercules

I was so sick of looking at the old Model of the Hercules SAM missile, that I decided to finally build one by myself. Learning the use of 3ds Max just for this purpose :smile:

It's not a super-ultra detailed model with 10 thousands of polys, like you see sometimes these days :wink:, but it was never ment to be so.

This package includes the minimum bundle to make the Nike Hercules system fully functional:

• new MIM-14 Hercules missile - 3D model, texture & .ini-work DaniloE31 (that's me)
  • Nike 4x launcher - model by ErikGen, .ini-work DaniloE31
  • Nike LoPAR search radar - model by ErikGen, .ini-work DaniloE31
  • Nike TTR tracking radar - model by ErikGen, .ini-work DaniloE31

The ini's in this bundle are set to a network called "NIKE" and work together so they actually fire missiles at the Red Planes!

You can install the pack in your ModFolder\Objects\ , but in case you don't want to mess up your existing Nike Objects, you can also just take the following files:

1. Weapons\MIM-14\Hercules.LOD
  2. Weapons\MIM-14\ Hercules_LOD002.LOD
  3. Weapons\MIM-14\Hercules.bmp

and use the new missile. I used the very same Files & Node Names so you can eventually place the new LODs without the need of editing a single ini.

I hope you enjoy it!

DaniloE31

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Dels
      G'Day All,

This post has been a long time coming, but I thought it was appropriate in the wake of the 60th anniversary of the Hercules' first flight.

I am in the process of upgrading all my Hercules models to one standard. Having a critical look at what was my very first 3d model (originally built over 8 years ago), I was not impressed. Basically 95% of the model will be replaced by a high poly version with additional detail and animations. Where possible, I will be using the same texture mapping positions but unfortunately to get the full benefit of the new model, new skins will need to be made...sorry to everyone who has worked hard on their C-130 skins. The good news is that I will be releasing the Photoshop templates also, so the extra work shouldn't be too hard.

Anyway, below are some comparison pics with the before shot on the left (2006 model) and after on the right (2014 model). I plan to upload more comparison shots and eventually in game shots as I go.

Dels

Tail section:

Wing box:

Wingtip:

Flaps:

C-130E/H Engine:

C-130J Engine:

• By Dels

View File C-130 Hercules Superpack Add on #2
      This is my C-130 Hercules Superpack add on pack #2.
      Please read the readme file (included) for installation instructions and credits.
      This requires my C-130 Hercules Superpack already installed to run properly. Visit here to download it:
      C-130 Hercules Superpack
      Dels
      Submitter Dels Submitted 02/06/2021 Category Other  
    • By Dels
      This is my C-130 Hercules Superpack add on pack #2.
      Please read the readme file (included) for installation instructions and credits.
      This requires my C-130 Hercules Superpack already installed to run properly. Visit here to download it:
      C-130 Hercules Superpack
      Dels
    • By DaniloE31
      I was so sick of looking at the old Model of the Hercules SAM missile, that I decided to finally build one by myself. Learning the use of 3ds Max just for this purpose
      It's not a super-ultra detailed model with 10 thousands of polys, like you see sometimes these days , but it was never ment to be so.

This package includes the minimum bundle to make the Nike Hercules system fully functional:

new MIM-14 Hercules missile - 3D model, texture & .ini-work DaniloE31 (that's me) Nike 4x launcher - model by ErikGen, .ini-work DaniloE31 Nike LoPAR search radar - model by ErikGen, .ini-work DaniloE31 Nike TTR tracking radar - model by ErikGen, .ini-work DaniloE31  
      The ini's in this bundle are set to a network called "NIKE" and work together so they actually fire missiles at the Red Planes!
      You can install the pack in your ModFolder™\Objects\ , but in case you don't want to mess up your existing Nike Objects, you can also just take the following files:

Weapons\MIM-14\Hercules.LOD Weapons\MIM-14\ Hercules_LOD002.LOD Weapons\MIM-14\Hercules.bmp  
      and use the new missile. I used the very same Files & Node Names so you can eventually place the new LODs without the need of editing a single ini.
      I hope you enjoy it!

DaniloE31

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..