Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

E/A-18g Growler

1920px-US_Navy_090217-N-3610L-243_An_EA-

E/A-18g Growler Quick Aircraft Facts Video

In last week's video we discussed the F/A-18 hornet and its path to becoming the reliable fighter aircraft used by the United States Navy and Marine Corps, and by allied nations as well. In this video we're going to quickly highlight the history behind E/A-18g Growler. The Electronic Warfare aircraft that has replaced the E/A-6B Prowler. Growler, Prowler all sounds the same doesn't it? I'm sorry to say that I forgot to include an overlay that mentions the fact that the Growler's call sign was changed to "Grizzly" to avoid confusion. All video in this presentation is from the men and women of the United States Armed Forces who kindly uploaded their works to Dvidshub.net a great place for military aviation footage. Their footage is released under public domain.

If you would like to discuss this video you're invited to do so here in this thread or in the pub if you wish.

Of course if you're not interested chatting and just want to get some SF2 action in with some Hornets created by our talented Mod Developers. We understand that too :)

• Like 1

I remember petitioning in favor of the Growler, some years ago. I forgot which politician it was. I also remember people complaining about the noise from NAS Miramar (Fightertown, USA). The Navy finally left and the town went to sleep. They were practically begging for them to come back. Well, then The Marines came in and make even more noise with all of the helicopters and Ospreys added in. I don't live in the area anymore but, I would imagine Marines make more noise offbase too. The vicious circle lol.