Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

Question about mission type

I have a plane which have set these kinds of type of mission only:

PrimaryRoles=CAS,STRIKE,SEAD,ANTI_SHIP
SecondaryRoles=ARMED_RECON

In its loadout.ini there are no other loadouts set, other than the ones  specified above. However , when I enter the game, and want to choose the type of the mission in game's menu, I can choose "Reconnaissance" type also! Why does that appear there ? Why can I choose a type of mission which is not set for my plane (in data.ini and loadout.ini files) ? I know the ARMED_RECON uses the CAS loadout and not RECON one so it can't be because of that.

Edited by UllyB

I suspect that every aircraft can fly recon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I discovered something new. When i tried to choose the ARMED_RECON mission type (I am in DESERT map CAT) , it changes my plane with an E-2 Eyehawk ! What the heck is going on ? LOL

Do I have to specifiy ARMED_RECON loadout separately into loadout.ini file ? I knew that I don't have to.

I tried another third party plane , a F-4E_AUP and this one works well when I choose ARMED_RECON. I'm puzzled.

Edited by UllyB

E-2 Hawkeye is non-flyable. Have you downloaded a flyable one?

Just now, Spinners said:

E-2 Hawkeye is non-flyable. Have you downloaded a flyable one?

I know it's not flyable. The plane in question was a third party SF1 MIG-27M brought and transformed for SF2. That's why I am puzzled.

I think I discovered the culprit. I put navalmap=TRUE to Desert stock map just to experiment. When I deleted it,  I didn't get that E-2 hawkeye anymore, when chose ARMED_RECON mission. Still I would like to know how come I get that interferrence created so I am wind up with a E-2 instead of my plane in a ARMED_RECON single mission ?