Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

Army's Return To Old Service Uniforms

My question ... is wearing this at all times like something they did in the 50s?

• Like 1

from what i hear yes.

the actual translation on that is that the folks that work in an office(clerks, higher level command staff) will wear it all the time, the folks that work in a shop (mechanics, cooks) hardly at all and those that have reason to be in a motor pool (damn near everyone else) not very often, but with inspections of the uniforms more often than i like.

even more than all the time, i hope they make this mandatory for official travel and public appearances. being on The Price is Right in ACUs is just tacky...........

oh and by all the time i mean the Class B version. the full dress As as you have shown will be for travel, inspection, ceremonies or court martials. example of Class Bs below, although i find it hard to believe Dept of the Army actually kept it simple

img_4751.thumb.jpg.36355de56b6113e0fed67ffdd7eee5a1.jpg

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 2