Sign in to follow this  
MarkEAW

Windows ACT ToolKit (Win2k,XP,8.1,10)

I recently updated my ACT ToolKit Help Document, with re writes and additional text. It is much easier to read and I've improved the understanding better for Windows 8.1/10 use.

After that I did some tests with it to see if performance can be increased in Windows 10 in D3D mode for EAW. (natively, straight with no wrapper program).
I have found some Fixes that work to increase speed, but just a bit. ;)

This Help Document explains the Microsoft ACT Toolkit and some usage instructions plus my on going testing results.
If you like working with the Registry or want to work with Compatibility Toolkit program by testing different settings , This doc is for you! :)

Here' s the page from my web site: https://eaw.neocities.org/windows-act-toolkit.html

It can get complicated, but if you have questions, please ask them here, and I'll try to answer them. Thanks!

Edited by MarkEAW
new update in Dec. 2022
  • Like 1

Bumping this. I edited the first post.

Currently ,  win10 native run of EAW gives 15fps with no wrappers or tweaks. All versions with no wrappers. Why? I don't know. 

According to my records I was getting 38fps (1024x768 Full Screen) a few years ago. Same everything. (About half of what I was getting on Win7).
This applies to all non wrapped versions of EAWv1.2 in Direct3D Mode. Including the un official builds UAWv1.28-1.60.

So IDK. But any how good luck with the ACT toolkit!! it truly helps and has use.

Anyone try this?

Just wondering. :) lol.

I recently seen the listing in the ACT tool also now includes the registry compatibility parameter that win10 sets.

I'll add to the act help doc when i can to include what that means for me and others use of it.

Edited by MarkEAW

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 76.IAP-Blackbird
      Dear Friends,

Our team has finished the development of the new update 5.004, and it is released.  Sopwith Snipe and many updates.

The year 2022 is drawing to a close and we did our best to bring you a new update on Christmas Eve. It bears the number 5.004 and adds the Great War Collector Plane Sopwith Snipe to our series. It is a late war aircraft equipped with the most powerful Bentley BR2 rotary engine, producing up to 234 horsepower. By comparison, the Sopwith Camel fighter's Clerget 9B engine produced 130 hp. At the same time, however, the Snipe is 200 kilograms heavier than its predecessor (more than a quarter). Overall, the new fighter is more stable in flight and has better speed and climb characteristics. Everyone who has purchased an airplane now has the opportunity to master it and use it in combat.

In addition to the new vehicle, in update 5.004 we are releasing two AI armored vehicles for the Normandy and Bodenplatte projects - the M8 Greyhound and the SdKfz 234/2 Puma. You'll find new scenario missions for Churchill and StuG III in this update, they were created by community enthusiast super-truite and his friends. More than 80 improvements were made to the "Western Front, Spring 1918" map, which is in the early access phase and is currently being finalized. There are a number of other improvements and fixes to player controllable aircraft, tanks and artificial intelligence. A complete list of changes in the version 5.004 follows:

1.    The Sopwith Snipe, a Royal Air Force collector aircraft from the final phase of the Great War, is now available to its owners;
      2.    Battle of Normandy AI armored vehicle M8 Greyhound added;
      3.    Battle of Normandy AI armored vehicle SdKfz 234/2 Puma added;
      4.    Scenarios for collectible vehicles Churchill and StuG III added (super-truite);
      5.    Mk.37 rig model for the 5'/38-gun Mk.12 on the Bayfield and Liberty ships updated;
      6.    Fixed a bug in the aircraft AI leading to incorrect maneuver choices and incorrect aircraft behavior in aerial combat, which was especially noticeable on WWI airplanes;
      7.    AI pilots correctly climb while maintaining formation;
      8.    AI pilots controlling high speed capable aircraft are less likely to use risky high-altitude maneuvers at lower altitudes (previously these could led to a collision with the ground);
      9.    AI pilots should better avoid collisions in some maneuvers, especially in a frontal attack;
      10.    The tail section damage texture has been fixed on all Bf-109s;
      11.    The placards were corrected along with other minor improvements on Bf-109 E7, He 111 H6/H16, Ju-87 D3, Spitfire Mk.Vb/IXe/XIV (Oyster_KAI);
      12.    Incorrect operation of GUI information bar in player controllable tanks has been fixed;
      13.    C-47A: a number of visual inaccuracies and technical problems with the aircraft model has been fixed, including the shape of upper air intakes on engine nacelles;
      14.    C-47A: phosphorescent cockpit instrument illumination restored;
      15.    C-47A: fixed a bug with a broken window when the landing door is opened for bailing out;
      16.    C-47A: fixed a bug in the bail out animation that caused crew members to visually appear outside the cockpit for a moment;
      17.    C-47A: added a feature to align engine flaps with the flow;
      18.    C-47A: a fixed bug with radio compass working on powered off aircraft;
      19.    Me 262A: fixed reflections in cockpit instruments;
      20.    Stug III Ausf. G gun now takes more time to reload if the loader is unbuttoned;
      21.    Crew gestures have been added for the Churchill IV and the Stug III;
      22.    Stug III Ausf. G - fixed an incorrect position of the machine gun after loader's death, if it was in anti-aircraft position;
      23.    Stug III Ausf.G. - corrected wrong animation of the side correction input control;
      24.    Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G - main gun reloading sound aligned with the visual animation;
      25.    Mission editor: skins which consist of several textures are correctly displayed in the skin list;
      26.    It is possible to shoot off the trunk behind the turret on Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.M, Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G, Pz.Kpfw.VI Ausf.H and Churchill IV;
      27.    It is possible to shoot off the commander cupola on the Tiger;
      28.    Range of smoke grenade launchers corrected for all player controllable vehicles;
      29.    Improved sorting of visual effect particles;
      30.    Western Front map, Spring 1918: Treizennes airfield added;
      31.    Western Front Map, Spring 1918: Clairmarais airfield moved;
      32.    Western Front Map, Spring 1918: Ferme airfield is renamed Filescamp Farm;
      33.    Western Front Map, Spring 1918: Droogland Airfield moved to square 0205-8;
      34.    Western Front Map, Spring 1918: removed second Epehy;
      35.    Western Front Map, Spring 1918: added bridge to the fortress in square 0408-9;
      36.    Western Front Map, Spring 1918: Hoog Huys manor added;
      37.    Map of Western Front, Spring 1918: added Ferme manor;
      38.    Western Front Map, Spring 1918: Removed flooded railroad track;
      39.    Western Front Map, Spring 1918: corrected railroad tracks in square 1202;
      40.    Western Front Map, Spring 1918: Hoog Huys Airfield moved;
      41.    Western Front Map, Spring 1918: Filescamp Farm airfield moved;
      42.    Western Front Map, Spring 1918: added homestead near Droogland airfield;
      43.    Western Front Map, Spring 1918: corrected wrong track crossing in quadrant 0305-8;
      44.    Western Front Map, Spring 1918: improved appearance of Thionville Steelworks East and Thionville Steelworks;
      45.    Western Front Map, Spring 1918: the village of Crochte has been renamed Merckeghem;
      46.    Western Front map, Spring 1918: Hondschoote village renamed Esquelbecq;
      47.    Western Front map, Spring 1918: Droogland village moved to square 0205-8 and renamed Winnezeele;
      48.    Western Front map, Spring 1918: Kemmelberg village moved to square 0207-5 and renamed Kemmel;
      49.    Map of the Western Front, Spring 1918: Aire is renamed Aire-sur-la-Lys;
      50.    Map of Western Front, Spring 1918: 25 obstructions on road network removed;
      51.    Map of the Western Front, Spring 1918: 15 wrong dead ends on the road network were removed;
      52.    Western Front map, Spring 1918: corrected 18 problematic entrances to railroad bridges.

And to see the Snipe in action, check out our Youtube channel: 

• By VonS
      Hello fellow FE2-ers,
      Just a quick note for those running FE2 on Intel-based Macs (either in a WINE program or directly in Win7, 8.1, 10, etc. in Bootcamp) -- that you might find the info. in the following post (regarding WOFF/WOTR and the latest M1, ARM-based Macs) helpful. In short, for now - recommended is to keep flying FE2 only on Intel-based Macs, in versions of Windows no later than Win10.
      No guarantees at this point that Win11 can be effectively "shoehorned" onto Intel-Mac hardware, nor any guarantees as to how well FE2 may run in Win11, if at all.
      Furthermore, the latest ARM-based Macs only support ARM-based vers. (not the x64 branch) of Win11, and only via virtualization (no direct bare-metal Win11/ARM installs available for latest Macs so far -- the point is ultimately an irrelevant one I suppose since FE2 will never be "translated" to run as an ARM-based application anyway -- and I doubt that it would run stably using the x86/x64 virtualization layer that is found inside ARM-based Win11 installs anyway).
      Happy flying all,
      Von S
    • By Phasers
      In every case where I install this awesome jet the canopy stays open during flight when viewed from the external cameras. I went in my F-23A located in my case here, C:\Program Files (x86)\Wings Over Europe\Objects\Aircraft\F-23A. I opened the F-23A DATA.ini file with notepad and located the Canopy settings. I don't write software or anything like that but I noticed both the Deploy and Retract values were the same set at 10.0. I changed the RetractValue to 11.0. It worked. If you have the same problem try this fix.

[Canopy]
      SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE
      DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_SPEED
      Setting[1].Angle=45.0
      Setting[1].DeployValue=10.0
      Setting[1].RetractValue=11.0
      MaxDeflection=45.0
      MinDeflection=0.0
      ControlRate=1.0
      ModelNodeName=Canopy_Frame
      AnimationID=8

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..