macelena

Using stock BMPs without extracting them

I've been making edits and modifications trying to use only stock stuff, since using pretty much anything but ini files in the mods folder drops performance drastically

I've been able to extract and edit decal inis for stock skins, without extracting the bmp or tga files, but keeping the skin's folder's name so everything matches. What i would like to try is to make another folder for another skin, within the same aircraft, and have it use those bmps from a stock skin, which are compressed under a sort of "address" in the cat files

Can anybody give me a clue?

42 minutes ago, macelena said:

Can anybody give me a clue?

You simply cannot do what you mentioned. Stock aircraft skins are read as long as you use the same folder name, because in the .cat archive such skin is inside a folder with such name.

The only thing you can try is to place .bmp skins in the main aircraft folder, but that is advisable when a skin is used by multiple skin folders with just different decals. Otherwise, you can convert stock bmp files to jpg and add them to your custom skin folder. It's one or the other.

Edited by Menrva
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, i was looking at the files and felt like trying