Sign in to follow this  
00Mayday00

Interested in aerial refueling whether it be in WOV or YAP. Anyone had any luck with this lately?

My love for the vietnam era mainly centers around thuds on long runs to target and aerial refueling to/back from target. I have spoiled myself with DCS and BMS but I know it used to be a feature many years ago when I first got into Strike fighters for Vietnam. At this present time the thrust vector for me does not seem to work in some YAP missions. Would really love to figure this out but I'm at a loss at this present time. Any pointers to steer me in the right direction?

The YAP Cheat (tm) you mean

if you're using the 08 version, it won't. They used a loophole in the code that allowed for a reverse-flow engine. It don't work no more

Well I hate to hear that....Previous patches before 2008 work? It also doesnt have to be YAP cheat (tm) :). I read here Kreelin may have made a mod. Im really just desperate for some Thud action since there is no other sim where you can enjoy the vietnam era like Strike fighters.... Anyhow I appreciate your response Wrench. 

Sorry, friend! It just don't work. At all. SF2 even less, but there are MORE things available for SF2V

Don't bring SFP1/WoX series up to 2008 standard and the negative fuel flow is still allowed. The last time I checked, the base downloads started at the long time stable standard (083006 patch level I believe?). But to get that one feature you give up on a whole bunch of improvements that came with the release of Wings Over Israel (which brought the 2008 patch level). To get the final, patched to the max version of the SFP1/WoX, you have to use Wings Over Israel and buy the Wings Over Israel Expansion Pack. That one install, WoI w/XP1, is just one step below SF2, including support for early SF2 3d models (external and cockpits) while retaining the original basic SFP1 multiplayer support.

Thank you so much streak for the reply! I currently only have WOV (singular game at patch (083006). I also have SF2 (all packages) too. I installed them both hoping to get the best of both worlds but man....I flew last night on SF2V with all the expansions from eburger and  the amazing talented people here and even though I couldn't tank off the tanker I was having a blast. You guys that have modded this game really have all done a terrific job! It's like a moment of bliss being a kid again...you know, before being a father and husband with all the responsibility hahha. Now I'm just trouble shooting my VR lol. I can get it to work every now and again with Vorpx.