Sign in to follow this  
RaddOx7

Access All Weapons from any country / military branch / service?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm still new to this game. Is there a way to access any weapons from any country or any military branch?

You'd have to edit all the weapons with one service nation to accomplish that.

5 minutes ago, EricJ said:

You'd have to edit all the weapons with one service nation to accomplish that.

How do I do that?

You go into the Users/Your Name/saved Games/Thirdwire/strike fighters 2 install and edit the weapons. The base weapons you can't modify (least I don't think) but modded weapons you edit the _data.ini of each weapon for Nationname to whatever you want. Same with other aircraft but it seems kinda weird to do that.

20 minutes ago, EricJ said:

You go into the Users/Your Name/saved Games/Thirdwire/strike fighters 2 install and edit the weapons. The base weapons you can't modify (least I don't think) but modded weapons you edit the _data.ini of each weapon for Nationname to whatever you want. Same with other aircraft but it seems kinda weird to do that.

Thanks, I'll try it!

Good luck!

Also you will probably have to edit the weight and diameter and length of the weapon for it to fit on various pylons, but that's in the _data.ini as well.

Edited by EricJ

Noted! ;) I'll see if I run into some hilarious scenario where the weapons are too big or too small or whatever xD

You will which is why I mentioned it. It'll look odd on some planes that's for sure :biggrin:

1st question is: why would you even want to??? 99.9% of us modders have been breaking our backs (for nearly 20 years) trying to get as much realism into this study sim as possible.

to add more to EricJ's answer, you can edit the stock weapons; extract the weaponsdata.ini, place it in the /Objects folder and change the nations. I've never done it personally, as we DO have these fantastic weapons pack available, but it should be doable

you'll also have to extract the data and loadout inis for every single aircraft in the game (excepting transports) and change the attachment types nationality and all weapons "to be loaded" for each given mission task in the loadout inis

Lots of work for little reward.

• Like 3