Sign in to follow this  
fallenphoenix1986

New Rig time

Hi guys, just looking for some last minute advice before I hit the order button on this:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 
GPU: nVidia GeForce MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX 3080
PSU: Kolink Continuum 850W
RAM: 64GB Corsair DDR4 3000MHz C16 (2x 32GB)
Cooler: MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R
Drive: Samsung 1TB 980 PCI-E 4.0 X4 NVMe (already have several external drives available if additional storage required)

My thoughts/concerns at this point:

• For the CPU I gather there are better value options when looked at from a cost per core perspective, not sure though I'd be making a noticeable gain in MSFS (or DCS for that matter) by upgrading further?
  • On cooling I'm debating whether to go with the 360R over the 240R - its going to be my first venture into liquid cooling, not so sure I's going to make much of a difference tbh.
  • Planning to run MSFS and DCS on this build, likely very little else.
  • Don't really plan on VR initially though I do want it to be an option down the road.
  • Like 1

Looks okay to me.

Cant go wrong with an RTX3080 but might have a lead time at the moment.

VR yes but I am waiting for the 4080ti until I bother with that again....... especially for MSFS.

18 hours ago, MigBuster said:

Looks okay to me.

Cant go wrong with an RTX3080 but might have a lead time at the moment.

VR yes but I am waiting for the 4080ti until I bother with that again....... especially for MSFS.

Yeah, not really expecting to see it actually built until some point in the summer unfortunately. Just hoping te current machine lasts that long as I've been putting this off longer than i really should have.