Sign in to follow this  
Puffman

game unable to correctly assign inputs

I have issues with the game, now I have had a chance to try and get to grips with it. I have a setup that has two Leo Bodnar BU0836X boards, one Leo Bodnar 0386A board, one Arduino and two seperate boards for controlling the buttons and switches in my pit. I have tried numerous times and also read the FAQ and still the setup refuses to let me assign the correct axis to rudder....even when I clear all other board inputs and select the correct input {Bodnar board 0836A} it always puts the Z axis that the rudders are connected to, and assigns it to the throttle, which stops the other board input from being recognised...why does this happen? Is it coded to see the throttle as Z axis default and if so, why won't it let me change it around? I have tried everything in the PDF and still the same :(

Hi Puffman,  

Perhaps OBD will offer other suggestions, in the mean time,

Here are my observations. 

My Setup - Which consists of two BUO36x, two BBI-32,  two Saitek quadrants, VKB Space Gunfighter Stick,  Thrustmaster TPR pedals, two Thrustmaster MFD panels.
No I do not use all of these with WOFF,  I do not normally use the bodnars at all with WOFF.

I also use Joystick gremlin and vjoy.

Naturally this makes a mess of the Woffkeys.XCA file.
1)  On initial setup, I do not try to use Woffkeys program to remove all the default mappings,  I manually edit Woffkeys.XCA and remove all the default axis and button mappings.

I have played with this a little and it appears I can map rudders to any axis on the BUO36x.

However it does seem a bit off,

I would suggest trying to manually set it in the file.  - BE SURE TO MAKE A COPY BEFORE DOING SO.
I also use NOTEPAD++ to edit the file.

Here it is set to the Y-Axis ( Axis 2)

<Device Type="Button Box Interface 2">
        <GameMode Name="Player">
            <Axis ID="X" Action="" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="Bank Control (Ailerons)" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
            <Axis ID="Y" Action="Set_Yaw" Scale="6" Nullzone="3" FriendlyDesc="Yaw Control (Rudder)" Category="AirCraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
            <Axis ID="Throttle" Action="" Scale="127" Nullzone="1" FriendlyDesc="Throttle" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
            <Axis ID="Rudder" Action="" Scale="6" Nullzone="3" FriendlyDesc="Yaw Control (Rudder)" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
            <Pov ID="1" Action="HeadPov" FriendlyDesc="Head POV" Category="ViewControl" P4Use="y"/>
            <Button ID="1" Action="" FriendlyDesc="" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
            <Button ID="2" Action="" FriendlyDesc="" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
            <Button ID="3" Action="" FriendlyDesc="" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
            <Button ID="4" Action="" FriendlyDesc="" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
            <Button ID="5" Action="" FriendlyDesc="" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
            <Button ID="6" Action="" FriendlyDesc="" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
            <Button ID="7" Action="" FriendlyDesc="" Category="CombatControl" P4Use="y"/>
            <Button ID="8" Action="" FriendlyDesc="" Category="CombatControl" P4Use="y"/>
        </GameMode>

Regards

Ah well...I have tried all morning editing the files and still nothing works, the software that is used in game is really buggy and doesn't work at all well, and manually editing the xca file has failed also, no matter what I do, I cannot get the throttle, mixture and rudder to assign. No reply either in 71 views from anyone at OBD so I'll email support and request a full refund for the software as in its current state, it isnt fit for the purpose. It looks like an amazing sim and thanks for the time to reply to the help post Stache....very appreciated.

Only just found this post Puffman it's less than 24 hours since you posted it to be fair.  Your setup is quite different from most of course but the standard Axis for Rudder is the R axis.    Do you have controller software to allow you to change axis outputs?

Unfortunately...no, this is what I currently have a setup { have no issues in any other sims currently }...as you can see just standard interface cards

Capture.JPG

I tried to edit the above post but the forums didn't like it for some reason :)..... anyway, EDIT to the above post as follows

The rudder axis is on BU0836A card and is hardwired to the Z axis { no software to allow changes } also the config software cant tell the difference between the two BU0836X cards I have and therefor continues to overwrite any settings I try to input, the Ardunio card has 32 buttons, but the game fails to recognise anything above the 8 in the config window....add to that, the frustrastions of the config software taking a long time to actually work, hanging up numerous times and taking 30% of the processor to try and do what its doing and still failing miserably, just adds to the overall frustrations.

I apologise if my posts are sounding like a moaner, but I just want to be able to assign controls and fly the sim...because it looks amazing!!

To be fair the software normally works simply and well, many people have set up fine using it.  If the hardware is reported as the same name in Windows, that would likely be part of the problem at least  -the BU0386X cards with identical names.

As Stache says, it may need something like Joystickgremlin to define them as separate controllers.

Stache can you proved more details on how you set it up using joystick gremlin?

HI, Puffman,

In this case my Bodnars are not going though Joystick Gremlin, they are native windows.

And I am normally not using the Bodnars for WOFF.

But as Pol mentioned yes you should use the bodnar software to assign unique names to the cards.

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=5

This is outside of my scope but WOFF uses older versions of the gaming device interface and does not like controllers with the same name, which is what the Bodnars have by default.

I have the same issue with my dual Logitech Quadrants that have the same name and I can only use one in WOFF. (and there is no software to change the device names on these).

P.S. WOFF does not recognize more than 10 gaming controllers and only recognizes 32 buttons per controller.

And if you do have a device that is presenting more than 32 buttons, I have seen that cause issues.
My VKB joystick show up with 128 buttons though I think it really has only 28.
There is probably some way to force it so show only 28 in the VBK software, but I've not taken time to figure it out.

Pol,  please correct anything I have wrong.
I am not professing to be a subject matter expert, I am just going by observations.

I replay later on Joystick Gremling and VJoy.

Regards