Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Polish-Russian War - Ford FT-B

Polish-Russian War - Ford FT-B

The Ford FT-B (also know as the Ford Tf-c) was a Polish armored car built in Warsaw in 1920. It was built on a Model-T chassis using steel plate left by the Germans. The FT-B had a crew of two and was armed with a single Maxim machine gun in a rotating turret. It had a relatively high speed and a long range. Because it was light weight and easy to maneuver it was an effective fighter, and the Ford's small profile made it difficult to hit.

My Ford FT-B has a four color camo skin. I've made high and low poly LODs as well as a destroyed version. I backdated the data file to before the Polish-Russian War so the car can be used throughout; you can change the Service Start Date to June of 1920 if you want greater accuracy.

In First Eagles, the the Ford FT-B takes the role of a tank. Drop it into your ground object folder and First Eagles will randomly assign it to some of your Army Co-operation missions.

Installation Instructions

For both FE and FE2 - Unzip the file and open my "GroundObject" folder. Copy the folder named "FordFTB" and the file named "FTBDest.bmp" into your FirstEagles/Objects/GroundObject folder. Note that the "FTBDest.bmp" file should not be inside any other folder. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Amazing work Stephen 1918 ! Thank you so much. I would really like to add them to my terrain with the TargetAeraEditor,  but I cannot without adding somme lines to the Types.INI... Could you give some clue on how to create that ? Thank you so much

Sorry it took so long to answer, I've had health issues - in and out of the hospital, etc.

If you want the Ford FT-B to operate as a tank, showing up in ground attack missions, simply drop the folder into your GroundObject folder.

If you want to place static vehicles around the terrain, you need to have in your GroundObject folder, then add some lines to the Types.ini in your Terrain folder. I used the data for trucks in the stock game and modified the code. Add this to the end of your Types.ini - 

[TargetTypeXXX]
Name=FordFTB
DetailLevel=1
FullName=Ford FT-B
TargetType=TANK
ActiveYear=0
TargetValue=0
UseGroundObject=TRUE
GroundObjectType=FordFTB
RepairRate=0.555
StartDetectChance=0
StartIdentifiedChance=0
IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0
MaxVisibleDist=8000.0
DestroyedEffect=MediumFire
SecondaryEffect=SmallRocketGroundExplosion
SecondaryChance=100

Change the "XXX" to the next consecutive number in the Types.Ini. list

Then you have to add the vehicle to the Targets.ini in the places you want it to appear, like any other target.

I hope this isn't too late to be helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2